Melissa's Food Diary

Melissa77

Hi everyone,

I have been doing sw now for approximately 11 months, and have lost 4 stone 12 1/2lbs. My weight loss now seems to have slowed down, so i thought i would start a food diary. Please feel free to comment and make any suggestions. I have followed extra easy from the start as it fits in perfectly with having a young family.

23/2/11

Breakfast:

2 slices of ww brown bread (heb) dipped in egg, sweetner and cinnamon, cooked in a frying pan with frylight, served with strawberries, kiwi, & banana.

Lunch:

SW quiche, served with lettuce, tomato, red onion and cous cous, followed by an apple.

Tea: Chicken and veg stirfry with egg noodles. Veg i am using - brocolli, onions, peppers, green beans, carrots, water chestnuts, chilli, garlic, ginger and soy sauce.

Drinks - peppermint tea, tea using skimmed milk (hea) sugar free squash, Pepsi max
Snacks - melon, mullerlight
Syns - curly wurly (6 syns)

Last edited:

Breakfast

2 scan bran (1/2 heb), chopped nectarine, strawberries, yellow plum and kiwi with mullerlight yogurt.

Lunch

Sw quiche with lettuce, tomatoes, spring onion, radishes, and celery. Apple.

Dinner

Spaghetti bolognaise, extra lean mince, peppers, onions, carrots, tinned tomatoes, passata, oregano, beef stock cube served with spaghetti and side salad.

Snacks - melon, alpen light (1/2 heb)
Syns - 35g bag of revels (8.5)

Drinks - tea using s milk (hea), peppermint tea, sf squash

Last edited:

Breakfast

1 weetabix (1/2 heb) with warm s milk (hea) chopped banana sprinkled with cinnamon.

Lunch

wedges sprinkled with cajun spice, green beans, bolognaise leftover from yesterday.
Mullerlight with summer fruits.

Tea

chinese takeaway (naughty i know but all within syn limits) chicken in blackbean sauce with boiled rice.

Drinks

tea (using remaining milk from hea), sf squash, diet coke

Snacks

Melon, pear, alpen light (1/2 heb), apple

Syns - Chicken in blackbean sauce (5) was extra naughty and caved in, and had fried rice aswell (4) taking my syns for the day to 9, but still well within syn limit.

Last edited:

Breakfast

Apple ( i was late getting up and was off to Zumba so didn't have time for anything else)

Lunch

3 slices of ww brown bread (hexb) made into french toast served with summer fruits, banana, kiwi and nectarine
mullerlight

Dinner

Chicken and chorizo arribiata, made with tinned tomatoes, passata, garlic, chilli flakes, red peppers, onions and penne pasta served with side salad.

Drinks

Snacks pear, satsuma, melon

Tea (using hea), peppermint tea, sf squash, diet coke

Syns - 28g chorizo 2.5
curly wurly - 6

Hello Melissa

I'm drawn to your diary. I also have a young family (and the same name as you :) )

What an amazing loss you have had so far, congratulations. When you say you're losses have slowed do you mean you are losing less per week? Have you increased exercise?

I'm no expert on SW - only started it this year and I have a lot to lose. I wonder if having some red days would help just to kick start your loss again - I know extra easy is better for your family but you could always cook a double amount of something and freeze it so one day your family could have that and you have somethings else? I do that sometimes.

Your diary looks great, nice and healthy and plenty of superfree. I'm impressed.

Failing doing the red days if it doesn't fit in with family life at all, perhaps you could have a week where you have lots of superspeed foods and see if that makes a difference?

You are doing so well though, it's really inspiring to see.

Hello Red Riding Hood,

Thank you for commenting on my food diary. I have been to weigh in today and i've lost 2lbs, which i'm chuffed with as i've now reached my 5 stone award.

I have thought about trying red and green days, but i'm not quite sure where to start. I also think my weight loss is slowing down as i am getting nearer to target.

I have upped my exercise i go to Zumba twice a week and walk everywhere.

You are doing really well yourself, and you are obviously enjoying following the plan which is the main thing.

Melissa xx

Breakfast

1 weetabix (1/2 heb), s milk (hea), banana and cinnamon

Lunch

SW sausages, homemade yorkshire pudding, sw roast potatoes, carrots, turnip, brocolli, cabbage. Strawberries, raspberries and mullerlight yogurt.

Tea

SW quiche, cous cous and salad

drinks - tea, peppermint, sf squash
snacks - apple, satsuma
syns - 3 homemade yorkshires - 6 syns,
2 finger kit kat - 5.5 syns
total - 11.5 syns

Breakfast

1 weetabix (1/2 hea), s milk, banana, cinnamon

Lunch

SW quiche, salad and cous cous

Tea