Melissa's food diary

Red day

Breakfast

Bacon and egg butty (HE B1 bread)
Tablespoon brown sauce (1 syn)

Dinner

It's only just dawned on me that I had no dinner! Went out walking with a friend....had a pack of mango as we was walking so I guess that was my dinner!

Tea

Melt in the middle burgers (cannot wait im sooo hungry haha)
HE A cheese
HE B wholemeal roll
Tablespoon ketchup (1 syn)
Salad (lettuce toms cucumber)

Snacks/syns

Aldi chewy bar (4.5 syns)
Cadbury eclair choc ( 1 syn)
Mango
Muller light Greek style lemon (0.5 Syns)

Total Syns 8

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Green day

Breakfast

Weetabix choc minis (HE B )
100ml milk (HE A)
Chopped strawberries

2 x cup coffee at playgroup (HE A milk)

Dinner

Tomato speed soup (forgot to put baked beans it but still sooo yummy, even little boy couldn't get enough of it!)
Wholemeal roll (HE B )

Tea

6 x quorn mini kievs (3 syns)
SW wedges
Beans

Snacks/syns

Chewy white choc chip bar (4.5 syns)
Malteasers treat bag (5 syns)
Muller light turkish delight yoghurt
Banana

Total syns 12.5

30 mins walking body magic to playgroup with little boy

Extra easy

Breakfast

28g weetabix choc crispy minis (HE B )
100ml ss milk ( HE A )
Banana

2 x coffee with HE A milk

Dinner

Speed tomato soup
Strawberries

Tea

Diet coke chicken (packed with 3 peppers onion and sugar snap peas)
Uncle bens basmati rice (2 syns)

Snacks/syns

Half of a freddo (2.5 syns)
Benefit choc and fudge cereal bar (3 syns)
2 x mini rusk biscuits (2 syns)
Seafood sticks x 3
Options hot choc (2 syns & remaining HE A milk)

Total syns - 11.5

Body magic: Walking - 5 km - 1hr 30 mins

Extra easy day

Breakfast

Weetabix choc minis
100ml milk
Banana

Dinner

M&S reduced fat carrot sticks and hummus (guessing 2/3 syns)

Tea
Subway chicken salad with a little cheese (HE A) and southwest sauce (2 syns? Literally a drizzle)

Snacks/syns

Benefit light bar (3 syns)
Mini oreo biscuits x 3 (5.5 syns)
1 teaspoon sugar (1 syn)

Total syns 14 or 15.5

Some bad choices today but didnt prepare and was out and about, however not majorly over syns and also resisted kids McDonald's and icecream and had a subway salad!

Last edited:
Well done on resisting the McDonalds lovely! And how can you only eat half a Freddo??? I could probably fit a whole one in my mouth haha. Have a great weekend x

Haha its called having a 16 month old little boy who steals everything haha!!! Im surprised im not a size 6...cant eat anything in peace hes always hovering around with his mouth open like a little bird!

Thanks so excited for this weekend, taking my little princess and 2 of her friends to see Disney on ice! Its a surprise, shes gonna freak! Bought her a Belle from beauty and the beast dressing up costume but its too big so off to swap it for a bigger one which is a nightmare as the disney store is 40 min drive away and I was only there yesterday! Never mind, another excuse for shopping hehe!

Hope you have a nice weekend too xx

Oh wow, your little girl is going to ecstatic!!! What a lovely surprise.
My little girl is nearly 7 months but can't pinch my food yet hehe xxx

Haha....my little boy can hear a chocolate bar opening from the other room its hillarious, will come toddling in 'more more taa' hehe! Just you wait till she's mobile, nothing is safe!

Yeah she was excited just at the dress...little girls are sooo much fun as they get older, shes into pink dresses disney princesses etc I love it, makes me feel like a kid myself again! Were off shopping soon and shes already been in to me and asked if her outfit matches lol!

We took my son to lego land last night for his birthday and it was hell, a bunch of 5 yr old boys shouting, fighting, swearing (!!) Not my boy, another child...was horrified and had to shout at him a few times....the girls on Sunday is going to be a walk in the park, even my husband has said the same, boys are wild! X

Red day

Breakfast

Weetabix crispy choc minis (HE B1)
100ml ss milk

Dinner

2 x wholemeal toast (HE B2)
Tin Mackrell in indian sauce (free)

Banana and custard muller light

Tea

Diet coke chicken
Rice

(Only had a small amount as not that hungry but unsure how many syns for the rice as didnt weigh it?)

Syns/snacks

Starbucks skinny cappuccino (HE A milk)
1/3(ish) of Starbucks chcoolate caramel shortbread (5 syns)
1/2 freddo (2.5 syns)
Seafood sticks x 3
Strawberries with canderel
Few cups of coffee (Probs gone over my milk into HE A 2)

Guessing my rice wasn't over my syns so good day today

May have a hot chocolate later too for 2 syns

Tomorrow is an off plan day as im going out with husband and daughter and probs gonna have mcdonalds, planning a sw style fry up then maybe soup for dinner though....hopefully it wont affect Monday WI!

Signing off till Monday now though, with hopefully a gd WI result!

Ugh 1lb on this morning

AF reared her ugly head yesterday, also had mcdonalds, strawberry milkshake, strawberries and marshmellowa dipped in choc last night thennn this morning I've ate a huge bag of giant chocolate buttons all to myself....someone come sow my mouth shut!!

Middle childs 5th birthday today so my mum and dad doing him a birthday tea of sandwiches, sausage rolls, cocktail sausages, cadbury fingers, cake etc etc ... fail fail fail.

I know I will stuff my face later too, just gonna go for it. Back on track Tuesday and 100% with limit of 5 syns and im probably gonna make lots of soup and try damage limit..

I hate October/November/December.... so many birthdays and events coming up....eldest birthday on halloween, then bonfire night, my dads birthday 8th November, my nephews birthday 28th November, other nephew 10th December....then Christmas. Feeling very negative about losing weight, need to give my head a good wobble and resist naughty foods!! Im guessing my mood is due to AF? Hopefully will snap out of it and able to get back on track, i had such a good week last week Mon-Fri!

Today didnt end up soo bad. But it was pretty bad. Not going to bother writing down what O had as haven't a clue of syn values haha.

Tomorrow is a fresh start! Made a chickpea dahl loaf today, just had a try of it and it's sooo yummy! Gonna have a slice tomorrow for dinner with a bowl of soup I think! Yum

extra easy

Breakfast

35g chocolate shreddies (HE B )
100ml semi skimmed milk (HE A)
Chopped banana

Lunch

Went to my friends and she didnt ask, just made me dinner....felt rude saying no so ate it lol...

Tandoori chicken wrap with garlic sauce

Unsure what wrap she used so gonna go with a mid range one at 8 syns and worked out that the sauce was 4 syns and chicken 2 syns....meh!!

Tea

SW macaroni cheese (3 syns for cheese)
Side of vegetables

Snacks/syns

Strawberries

Off to my friends for coffee this morning and a catch up. Will update later with any updates to todays food .... *Update* as you can see above, dinner went bad lol.. to be fair she didnt know I was doing sw....it could of been worse it was quite healthy apart from the wrap lol.

Total syns 17

Last edited:
Hi Rosie!
I followed this one; Syns per serving : Extra Easy & Green FREE
Add 6 syns if not using the Red Leicester as a Healthy Extra

300g dried macaroni
fry light
6 spring onions, thinly sliced
2 garlic gloves, finely chopped
200g cherry tomatoes, halved
400ml vegetable stock
4 tbsp tomato puree
200g fat free natural yogurt
1 level tsp english mustard
2 eggs, lightly beaten
120g red leicester, grated (healthly extra or 6 syns per portion)
salt & freshly ground black pepper

1. preheat your oven to 200c or fan oven 180c/gas mark 6
2. Cook the macaroni as per the instructions on the packet, drain & set aside
3. spray frying pan with frylight: add spring onions, garlic, cherry tomatoes, stir & cook for 2 minutes. Transfer to a mixing bow and add the cooked macaroni.
4. beat together the stock,tomato puree, yogurt, mustard & eggs until smooth. Pour over the macaroni, then stir in most of the cheese. Season and toss well.
5. Divide between 4 shallow individual overproof dishes, sprinkle over the remaining cheese and bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until bubbling.

Leave to stand for 5 minutes then, serve with salad or mixed vegetables

I think I may of put 300ml yoghurt in tp rather than 200ml lol....kids ate it bless them and said they liked the pasta but wasnt too keen on the sauce, they still ate it though, such good little eaters lol(they are 5 and 6) Husband described it as tarty haha. Youngest (16 months) demolished it!!!

X

Ah that sounds like the same recipe I use except fromage frais in place of natural yoghurt! It doesnt have that runny consistency or that 'tarty' flavour haha.
Lol 300ml might not have helped. Bless the kids :) that's good that they aren't fussy eaters! It's something I worry about in the future- I think good eating habits need to be from the start but can imagine it will be hard if kids won't eat the healthy stuff. I'm also a bit of a feeder lol :-/ x

Hope you had a nice weekend lovely, did you get up to much?
Sorry to hear the Mac n Cheese didn't go down well. It's a favourite recipe in our house but it's not I everyone's taste especially when Mac n Cheese is all cheese! xxx

Back