Mel's Diary

Disaster :( went to the doctors this morning with some re occurring issues and I've been banned from atkins for 6 weeks .....

I have to have some tests for some problems with the ovaries and she thinks I may have celiac's. However she can't do that test util I reintroduce all the food groups back in x I'm gutted to say the least!

I'm wondering if I did slim and save would that class as eating all good food groups :( so upset and scared of gaining every pound back on x

Aww sorry to hear about your health issues. What about adding in a little bit. I would leave the S&S for now so they can really get a good reading but don't know? Hope it all goes well Mel x

Oh bloody hell...

Get your health sorted first. It's a priority darling though we all know the fear you're feeling...

Good luck. Eat healthily and sensibly xx

First day if proper eating ... Feel vile, heartburn, swollen stomach, cramping, trapped wind!!! Hate it.

I have ordered one weeks worth of SnS I know it's not ideal but I'm doing it anyway ..... I can always stalk the second lot of testing. I can't go back up to the 13's i just can't :(

I know it's not ideal but how about calorie counting? For those tests, you only need to eat from all food groups, so doing something like calorie counting, or even alternate day fasting (eat normally one day, use your s&s packs the next) means you can please the doc and lose weight too...

That's a great idea thanks :) I think I might try that xxx I just can't go back there I've worked so hard to get where I am and I just know I will gain again... Plus eating all those carbs and wheat and lactose etc makes me feel vile x

That's a great idea thanks :) I think I might try that xxx I just can't go back there I've worked so hard to get where I am and I just know I will gain again... Plus eating all those carbs and wheat and lactose etc makes me feel vile x

Sorry to hear what the doctor has said. I too think calorie counting is your best bet. Maybe try to stick to only complex carbs such as brown pasta, wholemeal bread or even rye bread ect, i always feel pants eating bad carbs. I hope the 6 weeks fly by for you, and don't beat yourself up if you see a few extra pounds, they'll soon be gone when you're back to clean and green x

Thanks :) it's been delivered but I'm on shift so will grab it tomorrow from my neighbour x will start it either Sunday or Monday as out on another date tomorrow x whoop whoop

Morning troops :) well what a few days... My slim and save box arrived and I've just had my first banana shake for breakfast... It's vile!! I remember trying celebrity slim and their shakes were gorgeous x I'm dreading moving onto the food packs.

I can't tell you what I weigh this morning as I removed the batteries from the scales last week and threw them away. I plan to do this for two weeks then weigh.... I just want to see 11 something and I'll be overjoyed.

Updates on the relationship front :) I'm now officially in one yay... Was in touch with an old school friend and we went for a drinks last Sunday. Everything just clicked and Saturday he had the chat saying he wanted to be with me and wanted to be exclusive! So there we go x one very happy bunny xx

Hi Mel so sorry to hear you have to eat carbs and they make you feel bad.

I know it's counter intuitive but maybe avoid the more complex ones as they make things worse for me. So better are potatoes, white rice not brown, white pasta not wholemeal, carrots & root veg etc. then can have just one slice of toast for breakfast to meet balance piece without completely overloading self?

Anyway, good luck & important get health sorted!

Oooh Mel I feel for you... When I started on Cambridge I had to see some of the shakes as medicine rather than food (the fat being the illness!!!) and this is how I got through it.

You will find the meals and shakes you prefer/can stomach as most people do. The meals are a bit like the dehydrated quorn meals .... I added lots of salt, pepper, chilli flakes etc to my meals. Xx

Keep going. Write down your list of reasons why you want to lose weight and read them morning, noon and night xx

Good luck sweetie xxx

Did the shake and soup on Monday but stalled the the rest util next week ..... I have my first round of blood tests come through for this Friday so thought it best to hang fire before starting...

I intend to do it fully for two weeks from then though.... Normal food is killing me, blocked up, constant cramps, headaches, spots :( feeling sick too.... I hate carbs xx

Another day on in normalsvile.... Toast for breakfast, feeling swollen and no proper park action for days withCramps and pains back with force. I can't wait for Sunday.... I'm going to kick the crap out of this 7lbs I want off! To say I'm determined is an understatement.

Wearing my works winter coat from last year and it's huge... I could fit me and Connor in it. Suppose it's a nice sign of what I've achieved so far x just keep going Melanie ;)

Hey guys feels like I haven't posted in forever..... So I had my first set of results back today :D I can happily say I'm clear for cervical and ovarian cancer, also had thyroid, blood sugar, blood count, and iron levels checked all fine fine fine xx all that's left is the celiac's test before Xmas. I Burst into tears on my boss like a loon when I go the call... These past couple of weeks have been torture waiting to know.

So now it's back to taking control, life is good, my relationship is progressing well and I'm eager to get into the 11s now.

I started slim and save properly today... And my god it's hit me like a brick. Headaches, hunger pangs, shakes ... Every kind of carb withdrawal you can imagine I'm getting.

I just have to get through the first week, I was intending to only do two weeks but if my losses are good and I can keep it up I want 4 weeks, but no more than that.

I took the batteries out of my scales a while back now to will pop a new one in soon and see where I'm at. X it's nice not serial weighing lol

So here goes... Wish me luck :)

Back