Memory foam mattress

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by kingleds, 31 March 2011 Social URL.

1. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    Has anyone got one? Are they any good? They seem cheap compared to normal mattresses.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mumtheshopper

mumtheshopper Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    WW
    My OH had one of these. He lasted 3 months before he chucked it! Cost him a fortune too. I ahted it with a passion! It creates a hole for you, it meant that it woke me up every time i wanted to move. Had to climb out of the hole. They are not cheaper. Sure these aren't the mattress toppers. Which are great. Love mine

4. WelshCake

WelshCake Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(30.74%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    So long as you get a good one I think they are great my bad back has completely gone since getting our memory foam mattress, plus with me being over 21+ stone (as was) and my O/H being barely 12 stones there was no roll together at all, plus when I got in bed he didn't fly up in the air.

5. blissfulbabe

blissfulbabe Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    21st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    17st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I hated mine for the first month or so but now I wouldn't have any other type of mattress! No more aches and pains in the morning.

6. Maverick

Maverick Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(5.1%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I absolutely love mine. Paid a fortune for it, but it was worth every penny. Have to say tho, mine doesn't create a hole for me, it feels like any other mattress to sleep on, apart from the extra comfort!!... bf and I both agree it gives the best night's sleep ever xx

7. alexisemma31

alexisemma31 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    I love my memory foam mattress, I can't sleep on any other now without a bad back. It wasn't cheap though. Mine also doesn't leave a 'hole' its very supportive.

I would suggest if the one you've seen is cheaper than the other mattresses then it may not be the best quality?

8. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    Thanks all - consensus seems to be they are great once you get used to them - can't imagine a nights sleep being worse than I get at the moment with my current mattress so thats not too much of an issue!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.