menlopark's diary: it's on!!

menlopark

2009.. Lets get this!
I have been loitering behind the scenes for a while soaking up all the great inspiration on the site.. I'm little nervous of posting but decided to jump in anyway and start a diary thread.

I'm 31 years old, work full-time & study at Uni part-time. Over the years my eyes have grown progressively bigger than my belly.. which means i have around 4 ½ stone to shift.

I met with the Lighter Life councillor for the information mtg earlier today & if i can get my medical form signed off by the doc then I'm all set to join a group on Wednesday!!. Am aware its probably not the best time to start with it being so close to Christmas but now i have made the decision i really want to forge ahead & get started. Oh yeah and also the crystal ball tells me if i don't start to get this sorted I'm soo going to have another ½ – 1 stone from mince pies to contend with in the new year!!!

It will no doubt be painful in places....but in sadistic kinda way I'm looking fwd to it (if that makes any sense..)

good luck, i started 2 weeks ago and have lost a stone, so it worth while starting, i new i put more on if i didnt start now, i will be having xmas luch and going out some times but at least this way i should lose and not put on, x:)

Hiya Menlopark, and yes totally understand you looking forward to it - the sadistic streak is in many of us!! ;)

Good luck getting your form signed and looking forward to sharing your journey with you :D

Hi Menlopark,

Fingers crossed you get your form signed and can start on Wednesday.

I think if your head and your heart is in the right place then it is the right time to start:)

I do share your anxieties about Christmas and all the goodies that are around to tempt us.

4 1/2 stone is what I would like to lose from today also.

Wishing you all the best on your weight loss journey and I look forward to reading your diary and seeing how you get on.

Love Mini xxx

Hi Menlopark,

soo glad you took the plunge and started posting, tis a great site :D

all the best for your doctor's appt and your start to lighterlife

Welcome aboard:p

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanx Angiexx, D_Q, Mini & Geri for the kind supportive messages.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The doctors appt went really well, got the medical form signed off no probs & i didn't even have to pay - Result!! [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Doctor was really supportive, she even pre-booked a slot for the 4wkly BP check – she'd not heard of LL before & said she would be interested to follow my progress... don't know why i was so surprised – guess I'd just prepared myself for bit more of a battle.. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Took my gains next door to the chemist & bought extra supplies of bio-oil & nice new body brush!! [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]So its on... Wednesday 8.15pm – My first LL mtg...[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Oohh i've also lucked out on location. When i first heard about LL the nearest location was about hour away, which is not a big deal but bit of a bummer. However, by the time i got round to moving things on, a LLC had opened up in my town. And get this the LLC's offices are less than 5 min walking distance from home.. How good is that..[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Now must make one of those cool tickers:):)

[/FONT]

All systems go for you this week!

Keep posting, I have just shifted 5 stones exactly and time has flown for me and Im sure it will for you too.

Looking forward to reading about your journey x

good luck for tommorow and so the journey begins hey x

Yup, we are all here for ya x

Back