Menopause

MrsBligh

Hi all, no idea where to post, any help appreciated!

I am having tests for irregular/missing periods, which when they do happen are horrific!
I'm currently 16 days late for this period!

Desperate to lose weight (18.5 st) I started back on CWP having had enormous success in the past (rubbish maintainer) for this not to work to the degree it should, lost 23lb in 8 weeks, which made me go to the GP, they told me to come off CWP, but this has left me in no mans land, desperately miserable at being so overweight, and seeming to have no diet options....
I just can't control what I eat when I'm miserable, which is why I wanted to diet, now my body has raged war against me!!!

I know no one will have a miracle cure. Just anyone that's suffered the same, and the word menopause has been thrown at them, would be great to hear from! I'm 38, 3 pregnancies 4 kids (1 set of twins) sterilised, overweight and fed up!!!

Also being treated for severe depression and anxiety.... Just to throw that in the mix!!

*****, if i was you I'd run a mile, than help me lol!!! Xxx

Hi all, no idea where to post, any help appreciated!

I am having tests for irregular/missing periods, which when they do happen are horrific!
I'm currently 16 days late for this period!

Desperate to lose weight (18.5 st) I started back on CWP having had enormous success in the past (rubbish maintainer) for this not to work to the degree it should, lost 23lb in 8 weeks, which made me go to the GP, they told me to come off CWP, but this has left me in no mans land, desperately miserable at being so overweight, and seeming to have no diet options....
I just can't control what I eat when I'm miserable, which is why I wanted to diet, now my body has raged war against me!!!

I know no one will have a miracle cure. Just anyone that's suffered the same, and the word menopause has been thrown at them, would be great to hear from! I'm 38, 3 pregnancies 4 kids (1 set of twins) sterilised, overweight and fed up!!!

Also being treated for severe depression and anxiety.... Just to throw that in the mix!!

*****, if i was you I'd run a mile, than help me lol!!! Xxx

What diet / life style plans have you looked at?

Why not go through your cupboards and bin all the things you eat that are Junk food! I did my 2 kids now eat more healthy now too.. Also no low fat high sugar snack foods. If its not in the house you can't eat it :)

No crisps, no small packets of cookies, no haribo, no sweets, only dark chocolate.. Took my kids a few weeks to adjust but they now eat loads fruit, rice crackers, yogurts, nuts (almonds, pecans) dried fruit. I make muffins once a week, they get sweets once or twice a week (Friday-Sunday) I say No loads ! If they don't listen naughty step.

Remove the snacks and only have 3 meals and some fruit mid afternoon - this small change may be all you need to start loosing weight!

If you stop eating (I'm assuming here ) so many high sugar snack foods, cut down on the potato chips and chips. Your blood sugar highs and lows should even out and the cravings for junk foods reduce :)

Hope this helps a little as figuring out a eating plan for life is hard!!

Hi MrsBligh, I have the same worries as you at the moment, I am also 38, my periods have been super-erratic, very heavy last month, nothing at all this month, tho i did get the emotions/bloating that i would normally get, and now i seem to be getting hot flushes. not the major ones i have seen in people going through the menopause, i just go hot for 30 seconds or so. I have no kids, i always wanted them but my fiance didnt want them, i will be so upset if my chance to ever have them gets taken away, even if i do know it probably wont happen anyway, its sort of good to know i could lol. i havent been to the docs about it yet but i'm due a check on my blood pressure so i will mention it then.

I also suffer from long-term depression. i started slimming world and there is lots of 'comfort food' you can have - pasta is free for example, or the syn free chips! i must say after a few weeks of being on the plan my mood has improved greatly. give that a try :)

Thank you both for taking time out to reply to me :)

SW was something I toyed with, and hearing your testimony I will look into further, tried to get into WW but as I'd done that years ago, I couldn't get my head round their new points system!

I was gutted that CWP didn't work but having now looked into the menopause VLCDs are not advised! Whoops!

I have just bought the book "the menopause diet" really insightful, me to a tee!! It also makes me see that I'm most probably in the peri menopause stage, as I tick all the boxes!!! Menopause is once you've failed to have a period for a full 365 days+....

Bless your heart Artemys some things in life are just the way they are, we can't question them, they just are....so sorry that you've never had babies like you wanted tho huni :(

Thanks also Mis-B for all the advice, I'm trying to be a strong person and forget about the bad foods, since posting, I've managed to stay away from junk food, maybe I just needed to write it all down, get it off my chest, and get some help :)

Pls let me know how u get on at drs Art, my tests haven't come thru the post yet, but I'm almost certain I'm in early menopause, will keep in touch if you'd like, this time in a woman's life seems quite lonely when u tackle it in your 30's!!!

Xxxxxx

I did mention to the doc before about it, he just said it's unlikely to be menopause as I'm too young, but that it could well be a sign that I will go through it early. I've also heard that if you haven't had kids you can go through it early, might be an old wives tale tho! I do have a lovely soon to be step son, he'S VERY clingy with me so he fills the gap very well :) only see him at weekends tho, so I guess I get the best of both worlds lol

Awww at least you can be a fab stepmummy!!!

I've had my blood tests done today, so just gotta wait and see if I'm in the menopause....

Been eating sensibly and walking up the shop and back (1500 steps on pedometer) everyday to grab some exercise, will keep u posted :)

At least you will have an answer soon either way, good luck :) good going on the exercise :)

My predictive text wanted to change 'exercise' to 'deer ice' ???

its been a while since i posted here but i thought i'd update, i went to see a different doctor and straight away she sent me for blood tests, and they came back that i am going through menopause. i dont know how to feel about it now, i go from not caring to really upset. my partner doesnt see the problem and i have no-one to talk to :(

how did you get on with your blood tests?

Hi all on here. I've never posted in my life but just read your stories as about to restart a diet so was looking for a good place to join. I just felt the need to write to you with reassurance and understanding. I was 40 last week but 18 months ago I was in your position (perimenopause) with thr dreadful heavy or absent periods and feeling like I was a different/crazy/anxious/depressed person. I even had hot flushes/sweating and it was awful. I thought it was from having two children (now 3 and 2) but it was the Peri menopause. Google and you'll feel better and not alone. Then 6 months ago the periods stopped for 4-5 months at a time and I started to gain weight round my middle which is not like me. My GP talked about HRT but I'm too young really, remember that you are not officially at menopause until your periods stop for a year but the peri bit can go on for ages. I have had HUGE success and relief from nearly all symptoms after GP recommended menopace dual (need to go to cupboard to check exact name) but it was from boots and is a natural supplement. I cannot tell you how fantastic it has been, no sweats after 3 weeks taking it and much less anxiety and even hair has recovered. I urge you to get some and give it a month. I'm in month 3 now and it had been amazing. Ask any questions you have as I know how you feel. Take care.

Oh i'm so sorry i never saw your response! thanks very much for the advice, i go for my second blood test on friday then the doc is keen to get me on HRT right away, i'm just going to take it, my doc said hrt is only giving me back the hormones i should have and the normal dangers of HRT don't apply at my age.

The doctor also said because i had been on depo/minipill that they could have disguised any symptoms previously, so i could have been going through it longer.

Welcome to the forums and i apologise again for taking so long to respond! i've been really busy and not had much time to check the forums! its good to know i have someone to ask if i have any questions - thanks :) x

Hi, I'm really pleased I found this post. I'm 47 and recently diagnosed with menopause after several doctor visits. My main symptoms were being unable to sleep and hot flushes. I can't take estrogen because of previous breast cancer but like Emma I started taking Menopace, within 6 weeks I was feeling fine. Only other symptom I have is weight gain which I'm addressing through SW. I don't lose weight easily as I have a thyroid condition but I'm committed for the long haul. :)

Back