Mental note to self.

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by fifegirl, 3 March 2010 Social URL.

1. fifegirl

fifegirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(12.9%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Well today started really well. Fight with my 2 year old to get her to eat breakfast so that we ran late for picking my mum up to go shopping and so didn't have any breakfast myself. Also had no Hex that I could have used in the house as needed to do food shop. I managed to go till 1 without anything to eat but I was struggling by then and had popped into a couple of shops looking for something like an alpen light to have to top me up but nobody was selling them!!:eek: (I can get them in the vending machine at work). You really notice how against healthy eating the high street is when your on a diet!

I was good at lunch and had a baked pot and beans with salad But I was so hungry I could easily have eaten more. I really wanted to binge when I got home from the shops as well but was good and just heated up some left over chilli.

So my lesson from today was to ensure that I have a good stock of hex in the house for when they are needed and to make sure that I carry something in my bag with me when I go out to stop me feeling tempted by all the naughty things out there.:cool:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
  4. robsterswife

robsterswife Tummy Mummy

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(23.12%)
    Well done for not giving in ,breakfast is so important ,I have 4 kids so I know how hard mornings can be,if I have to eat on the run I take an alpen light and fruit with me ,so it would be agood idea to stock up and leave one in your handbag.
    Slimming world is great that tbh you should'nt be in this situation as you can eat virtually anything ,although it is hard on the go,the 20 cals per syn rule is good for emergencies.
    xx

5. MrsBabyCakes

MrsBabyCakes Naughty Fridge Picker

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.21%)
    Diet:
    Low fat, Low Carb, High Protein, SW tweaked
    On a few occasions the OH and I take fruit out just in case we get stuck, we havent always remembered but when we have its helped a lot.

6. frugal fifer

frugal fifer Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(29.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    :wavey:Hi fellow fifer

7. funcurls

funcurls Never gets tired of SW!

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That's the spirit frugal fifer!! Infact, don't even see a small 'slip up' as failure! It's too negative! See it as a small indulgence that won't count in the grand scheme of things if you get back on track as soon as you can!!X

8. Shirleen

Shirleen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I keep thinking I ought to put something like Alpen lights in my car, i skip breakfast too often!

9. pesty

pesty Fighting the bulge

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well done on not being tempted!! I had a similar situation last saturday and it takes a lot of will power to resist!

I always have something with me like alpen light bars, light babybels, banana, grape snack pack - things that i can carry but arent messy to eat :)

xx

10. Meli

Meli Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Since Alpen Lights are quite small I always keep some in the car and in my purse for those times when I need a quick fix :)
    Well done on resisting!

11. fifegirl

fifegirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(12.9%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Thanks everyone. Managed much better the rest of the week. Hi frugal fifer. Where abouts are you? I'm in Glenrothes.:D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.