Menu check for EE

slimjanine

www.slimjanine.co.uk
Hi,
My understanding of EE is that you can eat anything that's free of red or green together but only have 1 healthy a and 1 healthy b? Could someone confirm if the menu below is okay for EE??

Bfast
Bowyers sausages x 2 (2 syns)
egg
baked beans
tomato+mushroom
2x brown bread from 400g loaf

Lunch
chicken thighs
jacket potato
veg

mid afternoon
rice pudding made with milk allowance

Dinner
batchelors pasta n sauce - cheese +broccoli
grilled bacon
muller light yoghurt

snacks - curly wurly (6 syns) plus fruit

It looks ok to me. They recommend you have a third of your plate filled with superfree foods or it will slow your weight loss down.

I have not done EE so far, but I think your dinner may need 2/3 of foods with it that are free on both days. I think you may need to blance the rice pudding too. I am not sure. But our consultant last week said it is each meal you have to do it (unless of course the meal is only across the board free foods/speed foods), when you don't, you have to syn it. I may have misunderstood though.

Hi looks good to me with plenty of superfree food (egg, mushroom, tomato, veg, mullerlight & fruit) x

I told you I was probably wrong lol...I just thought the dinner needed some ss foods with it.

i've still not done EE, cause i'm confused by it. Does each meal have to have one thing from red and one thing from green?

i dont go to class anymore, just do it from home now. Used to go to Magdalene, then went to Hillside, what about you? x

i've still not done EE, cause i'm confused by it. Does each meal have to have one thing from red and one thing from green?

Nope, you can have whatever you like from the free food lists on red and green. You can have both together, eg shepherd's pie or something from red or green on it's own.

Also, you don't have to fill your plate with a third superfree food but it is recommended to speed up your weight loss.

HTH :)

Nope, you can have whatever you like from the free food lists on red and green. You can have both together, eg shepherd's pie or something from red or green on it's own.

Also, you don't have to fill your plate with a third superfree food but it is recommended to speed up your weight loss.

HTH :)

I get more confused by the minute with extra easy lol

Is it not 2/3 of your palte have to be superfree? And 1/3 is red and green?

Our consultant said the other day, that if you eat a lot of meat in one meal, you have to at least blance it out during the day. So a plate with more meat than superfree and green. You have to make sure you have more green food during that day and maybe a big salad (or anything superfree). She said, it does not have to all happen in one meal. But you offset any potential gain by losing a couple of hex.

So, you can do it by making sure 1/3 of your daily intake was red and green and the other 2/3 was superfree/free

Even after typing that, I am still confused lol

I don't know why she would have said that, i really don't!

You do not have to fill your plate with a third superfree although the recommendation is, to help speed up your weight loss then fill a third of your plate with superfree.

This is from the leaflet given in class and I confirmed with my consultant.
You don't have to balance anything out, you can eat whatever you like from the red/green free foods list. Obviously it makes sense to have a "balanced" plate of foods but you don't have to do so.

If you HAD to do the things your consultant said then it would be in the leaflet, it isn't!

It shouldn't be confusing, I thing your consultant is confusing the whole thing of Extra Easy though!

One more question.... - if you have for example, bowyers sausages with bacon, beans and egg - the syn value for these sausages are different for red and green - which syn value do I use as I'm eating both red and green!!

Thanks
Janine

Back