Menu for posh resturant - can you choose my dinner?

Diana Dors

Hello again :wave_cry: after more help.

I have been doing SW for 3 days now on EE and am finding it pretty easy so far....(early days I know!).

We are going to a restaurant tomorrow night and I am in a muddle over what to have, I picked up the menu today so I could find the most SW friendly dish....could you please take a look and give your advice? any sauces I will have on the side.

*Stilton crusted pork cutlet with a sage mash, apple puree and aspall cider sauce
* Roast rump of lamb,lyonnaise potatoes, pea and mint pesto, garlic and rosemary sauce
*Breast of Gillingham duck, gratin potato, spinach, raspberyy and peppercorn sauce
* Dedham Vale fillet steak, potato rosti, carrot puree, confit of shllot and garlic and a red wine sauce
* Adnams beer battered cod with homecut chips and tartare sauce
* Wild mushroom and spinach frittatta with freshly shaved parmesan
* Denham venison steak, bacon mash, roast carrots and a wild mushroom sauce.

Obviously no starter or pud (but I'm afraid will be lots of Bacardi and diet coke :eek:)

Thank you so much xxx

Hi I also think frittata is the most SW friendly, but then depriving yourself of something you really want goes against the philosophy of SW so have what you fancy and get straight back on plan after :)

I'd just eat what you want:)

The fish might be good, if you can not eat the batter, but wheres the fun in that when out for a meal!?!?

For me, the best thing about eating in restaurants is to have something you wouldn't cook for yourself. I can cook a frittata any day!

I would go for the venison. It is a very lean meat.

I think your choice of steak is the best option. Frittata is a bit boring and the sauces look high in syns for some of the other options. Enjoy!

The most important thing is to get straight back onto plan afterwards which is not always easy the morning after!!

You could ask for your sauce on the side then you could see how oily the sause is before you decide how much you are gonna put on your food. Hope you have a lovely time x

Back