Extra Easy Menu for Week

mick360

Hi it's my 3rd week of Extra Easy from what I've read it's better to plan your weekly meals in advance believe it or not even with all those SW recipes on here I sometimes find it hard to set a good balanced menu plan for the week, anyone willing to post their weeks plan for some ideas and inspiration
Thank you

Hi Mick,

I shop in Asda and they have a weekly deal of 3 packs of meat for £10. I tend to check online what they are for that week and set my meals around that to save a bit of money. My menu sticks to a plan but is never repetative as I change the meals and superfree about that much. For example, each week I tend to have 2 roasts, a stir fry, a pasta dish, a rice dish, a fish dish and a SW Fakeaway(saturday!). So this week we're having a roast chicken dinner, roast pork dinner, beef teriyaki stir fry, spag bol, jambalaya, luxury fish pie and KFC style SW chicken.

But then next week I'll have roast beef, roast lamb, salt & pepper chicken stir fry, three colour carbonara, risotto, fish & chips and smash pizza.

Then in the summer we'll swap the roast for chicken salad. Also- I always tend to keep the ingredients for a SW fry up in the freezer just in case we don't fancy what was planned or can't be arsed cooking.

It's pretty easy once you get into it- it also means my shopping bill is reasonably similar each week. And we never get bored!

I'm a big fan of one pot meals when everything just gets lobbed in a pan- plus there are loads of tips around here for lowering your cooking time (microwave steam bags, the number one invention of all time!). Good luck xx

I always have different type of meat in the freezer and plenty of veg & fruit in the fridge and dry stuff in the cupboard. I make each meal on the day. Luckily it is only me so I eat whatever I fancy fitting with plan I am following.

Also I always have some homemade soup in the fridge. If I cook too much then will keep it in the fridge for next day and if I do not fancy it goes in the freezer.

Last edited:
Back