menu help plz :))

jacqui35

Silver Member
Hi all

Ive decided to change my menus this week, instead of red meat try chicken etc.

Well im having chicken, turkey, or fish for dinner and sandwiches in afternoon and what eva for breakfast.

So question is what do i make with chicken or turkey

I have turkey meatballs with pasta as one
chicken casserole with veggies
chicken bacon pasta

thats all i can think off so if i have turkey be mostley turkey mince, what can i do with that, and also chicken i have loads of diced chicken, what would be nice as meals, as son had joined me too :)

many thanks in advance xxx

what about a nice chicken curry make as hot or mild as you like
or chicken and veg kebabs
or just a nice chicken stirfry with egg noodles add chilli,ginger ,garlic and soy sauce as you like hope that helps

chicken curry, chicken chow mein, turkey burgers, chicken in a philly sauce with mash, grilled chicken salad, sweet chilli chicken salad, fish/smoked fish salad, spag bol, kebabs.

I had tonight which I havent had for a couple of weeks but love

chicken breast 2points
60g dry weight wholemeal pasta 3 points
morrisions lf pasta sauce (fresh) 1 point
4-5 mushroomes sliced 0 points
spray oil 0 points
broccolli carrots or green beans carrots
0points

Cook the pasta
fly the mushrooms in spray oil
cook fresh veg
add the cooked chicken cut into small pieces to the cooked mushrooms heat right through
add the sauce to the pasta mix till hot
drain veg
serve
It sounds boring but its really filling tasty and 6 points for a large meal xx

Chicken fajitas are always good.
Baked cod with home made ww chips and peas.
Salmon fillet topped with philly lite with salad and jacket potato.
Chicken with honey and mustard sauce with mash and veg.
Chicken marinated in soy sauce, spring onions, chilli flakes. Grilled on george foreman and served with roast peppers stuffed with cous cous. (My favourite tea!)
Smoked haddock poached in milk with new potatoes and green beans.
Theres a few of my regular dinners! Hope that helps. :)

Yanno i love ya all really, many thanks xxxxxx as for fish i only like cod which i have some with lemon butter so will count that to from asda, also prawns and tuna, trying salmon next week at mums as never had it before. Many thanks again weight watchers xxxx

I really like the weight watchers ready made sauces when I want an easy meal, chicken would go in all the ones Ive tried, Tikka Masala, Korma and mushroom. I serve with brown rice, or the mushroom one on a bed of shredded leeks and steamed zero point veg

i do chicken tikka, its lovely and only about 5pts, gorgeous with a salad and some poppadums and home made spicy onions!! 6pts for the lot yummm

This is probably a bit late for you now but.....if you shop in Asda, go to the spices section. They have loads of own-brand already mixed spices, I use cajun or jerk and marinate chicken with it before wrapping in tinfoil and baking in the oven and serving with veg/salad. They also have tex mex which is good for spicy roasted wedges or roasted veg. There are two for mixing into couscous to make it tastey - lemon and herb and also tomato and herb. And they also have thai/chinese/malaysian that you can add to stirfry/noodle dishes. The packs are pretty cheap (less than £1 usually and you get loads) and they also have 'menu ideas' on the side of the pack. I think they're an absolute god-send for quick meals and they can provide brilliant inspiration.

This is probably a bit late for you now but.....if you shop in Asda, go to the spices section. They have loads of own-brand already mixed spices, I use cajun or jerk and marinate chicken with it before wrapping in tinfoil and baking in the oven and serving with veg/salad. They also have tex mex which is good for spicy roasted wedges or roasted veg. There are two for mixing into couscous to make it tastey - lemon and herb and also tomato and herb. And they also have thai/chinese/malaysian that you can add to stirfry/noodle dishes. The packs are pretty cheap (less than £1 usually and you get loads) and they also have 'menu ideas' on the side of the pack. I think they're an absolute god-send for quick meals and they can provide brilliant inspiration.

Nah not late at all, thats useful for when i go asda next time i will look out for that and they have chicken breast atm really cheap £3 atm instead of 6.67 so when i get some money im gonna get about 3 pkts and cut some and freeze em, cheers again

Back