Menu ideas for weekend away?

BridgetF

Hi
We're off to centre parks tomorrow for the weekend and I need to plan the food. We're totally broke so shan't be eating in the restaurants and will be cooking in the chalet thing.

We normally eat later than the kids in the evening so have so far been able to eat different meals but we'll all be eating together and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what we can all have that means I won't be going to far astray.

I prefer green days although am happy to throw in a bit of red too!

Many thanks

Bridget

oo lovely, hope you have a nice time, i would make things like jacket potatoes with beans and cheese, cheese and bacon , pasta dishes with low syn tomatoey sauce made with passata and herbs and garlic, or salads and cold pasta mad ewith tuna, sweetcorn and low fat mayo, my kids will eat all of this kind of thing, syn free chips and egg, most of these kind of dishes shouldnt mean you slaving over a cooker too long too on your holiday,
take lots of tins of beans, potatoes , pasta n sauce, eggs, infact take as much as you can with you as im sure CP will fleece the life out of you in the shops!
let us know how you get on
xx

Thanks so much for this- really helpful ideas. And good point about not slaving over a cooker!! So my shopping list looks like this:

Milk
Eggs
Cereal (kids)
Bacon
Cheese
Pasta
Potatoes
tins tomatoes
Bakes beans
FRY LIGHT!!
Pasta
Lean steak mince

Loads of fruit & Veg

and yes, shall be shopping outside of cp - it's not so much that it;s massively expensive, you just have to lug it all on the bike!!

Back