Menu Plan or Add Hoc

dukannotsofatty

Gold Member
I'm one of these people that plans for everything, I can be obsessive with some things but when I diet, I like to try and plan my menu so I know what I am eating at any given time and I also know what to buy.

I found that it stops me from thinking about food over and over again. I would find days where all day I would think about the next meal, planning the food I could have.

I planned this week, once I knew what I was doing, it took some time to get the oatbran/egg ratio right in the week, but its been helpful. There are times when I don't stick to the plan but at least I know and have an idea if I can't be bothered.

What bout you, how do you do it?

I'm definitely a planner! I need the discipline of it really. I just started the attack phase 3 days ago and prepared everything ahead of time. I think it really helps to keep you focused.

I agree that it does stop you fixating on food the whole time too! Once you have it sorted you can think about other things.

Im a planner, i have to be because i work full time and need to know what im doing each day, the last thing i need to be doing is standing in the kitchen starving, wondering what on earth i can eat, coz if this happens i will fall off the wagon!!

This is definitely a diet you need to plan! Even though I'm in conso/Stab and have been for a year I am always planning a week's main meals - helps with the shopping and knowing where to fit in the 'normal' (aka Gala) meals esp if I have social occasions. For breakfast I tend to stick to the tried and tested 'oatbran porridge and egg' these days unless I know I need a batch of muffins to have handy during the day for convenience, or I want to make a dukan quiche... And average lunch is usually 'salad topped with protein'. And the cupboard is always stocked with a good supply of tinned mackerel, tuna, salmon. There are always eggs & yoghurt in the fridge...

Back