Menu Plans?

Funky Mum

Silver Member
Thought it might be useful to share what sorts of foods everyone is eating. I know they might not be suitable for everyone but it'll give us some ideas :)

A typical day for me is this

Exante shake for breakfast, its quick easy, I like them and it fills me up and only 200 cals and about 18 carbs

I take a chopped up salad and some chicken or ham and a couple pieces of fruit to eat in the day, probably about 400 cals top? and about 25g carbs which is mostly from the fruit.

In the evening I may have some brown rice and a chicken breast or steak, salad and/or veg. I make yoghurt jelly with 0% total greek yoghurt and a pack of sugar free jelly, this makes about 3 pots at 40 cals each and very few carbs, so I might eat one or 2 of those a day. So i reckon 600 cals in the evening and whatever carbs are in the rice, probably 20g.

I try to keep calories around 1400 a day or thereabouts, which is maintenance level for me and carbs at no more than 80g a day.

This has pretty much kept my weight stable, actually I am still losing a little maybe a 1lb a month. My BG is very stable usually around 5.4.

Anything less than 130g carb a day is considered low carb, although I think I would start to see a shift in my BG if I went that high regularly, anything less than 60g carb a day should see ketosis kick in if you are looking to lose weight.

Back