Menu Plans?

Discussion in 'Diabetes' started by Funky Mum, 22 June 2011 Social URL.

1. Funky Mum

Funky Mum Silver Member

Thought it might be useful to share what sorts of foods everyone is eating. I know they might not be suitable for everyone but it'll give us some ideas :)
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Lynn_

Lynn_ On A Mission!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Diabetic/Low carb
    A typical day for me is this

Exante shake for breakfast, its quick easy, I like them and it fills me up and only 200 cals and about 18 carbs

I take a chopped up salad and some chicken or ham and a couple pieces of fruit to eat in the day, probably about 400 cals top? and about 25g carbs which is mostly from the fruit.

In the evening I may have some brown rice and a chicken breast or steak, salad and/or veg. I make yoghurt jelly with 0% total greek yoghurt and a pack of sugar free jelly, this makes about 3 pots at 40 cals each and very few carbs, so I might eat one or 2 of those a day. So i reckon 600 cals in the evening and whatever carbs are in the rice, probably 20g.

I try to keep calories around 1400 a day or thereabouts, which is maintenance level for me and carbs at no more than 80g a day.

This has pretty much kept my weight stable, actually I am still losing a little maybe a 1lb a month. My BG is very stable usually around 5.4.

Anything less than 130g carb a day is considered low carb, although I think I would start to see a shift in my BG if I went that high regularly, anything less than 60g carb a day should see ketosis kick in if you are looking to lose weight.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.