Message for CD Moderators and CDC's

Eternalflame

Excited about the new me!
Hi..

Can You please clarify something for me?

What veg are allowed on the CD ss+. My CDC said that peppers are ok and someone else said that they are not.. I've been using them for a week now and am loosing and still in ketosis, as CDC said that they were ok. As been searching for some recipes for stir frys, lol.

Many thanks
Nikki x

I know, peppers are not allowed, simply because they are too carby

the sole source plus meal options are as follows :-

ONE PROTEIN FROM LIST BELOW

120g chicken or turket breast without skin
190g cod, haddock or other white fish
250g steamed tofu V
200g quorn V
180g tuna (inwater)
225g cottage cheese (reduced fat)

ABOUT 2 TABLESPOONS OF THE FOLLOWING VEGTABLES

Green salad leaves eg. rocket, lamb's lettuce,
watercress, raddiccio, little gem/romaine lettuce
Celery, cucumber or red radishes
Courgettes or marrow
Brocolli, cauliflowetr or any cabbage, even pickled!
Spinach, kale, turnip or taro tops
Asparagus, fennel or celeriac
Chinese leafy greens such as Pak Choi or Chinese
cabbage. mushrooms

COOK IN THE MICROWAVE, STEAM OR POACH IN WATER. SERVE
SALADS RAW OR WITH FAT FREE SALAD DRESSINGS. DON'T ADD
ANY FAT OR SALT, BUT DO ADD HERBS OR A LITTLE STOCK IF
YOU WISH.

I know, peppers are not allowed, simply because they are too carby

the sole source plus meal options are as follows :-

ONE PROTEIN FROM LIST BELOW

120g chicken or turket breast without skin
190g cod, haddock or other white fish
250g steamed tofu V
200g quorn V
180g tuna (inwater)
225g cottage cheese (reduced fat)

ABOUT 2 TABLESPOONS OF THE FOLLOWING VEGTABLES

Green salad leaves eg. rocket, lamb's lettuce,
watercress, raddiccio, little gem/romaine lettuce
Celery, cucumber or red radishes
Courgettes or marrow
Brocolli, cauliflowetr or any cabbage, even pickled!
Spinach, kale, turnip or taro tops
Asparagus, fennel or celeriac
Chinese leafy greens such as Pak Choi or Chinese
cabbage. mushrooms

COOK IN THE MICROWAVE, STEAM OR POACH IN WATER. SERVE
SALADS RAW OR WITH FAT FREE SALAD DRESSINGS. DON'T ADD
ANY FAT OR SALT, BUT DO ADD HERBS OR A LITTLE STOCK IF
YOU WISH.

Thanks Lexi ;). That makes life a lot easier. Really not happy that my CDC said that peppers were ok :confused:. x

A stir fry with crunchy long stem broccoli, pak choi and tofu would be lush.

Funnily enough cucumber stir fried is lovely!
Just cut in half lengthways, and run a spoon down the inside to remove the "seeds" slice into 1cm slices and stir fry with some ginger, Its beautiful.

I would sue powdered ginger and not sure about the fresh stuff tbh, Sorry I'm just giving with one hand and taking away with the other at them moment aren't I?

No to the soy sauce as its too salty, and some brands can be quite carby due to inclusion of wheat and/or sugar.

sorry bout the peppers nikki :) mmmmmmmmm @ cucumber and ginger xxx

I would sue powdered ginger and not sure about the fresh stuff tbh, Sorry I'm just giving with one hand and taking away with the other at them moment aren't I?

No to the soy sauce as its too salty, and some brands can be quite carby due to inclusion of wheat and/or sugar.

Thats fine, i know you can use balsamic, so that will make a nice tastey stir fry and a celairiac will last a week, if we can only have 2tbsp of veg a day. Just been googlin.. Found a pasta (won't have it til i'm off the plan tho) that is low in digestable carbs.. as a low carb is the way I want to carry on, it will be nice to have :D. xx

Maybe it is just me being a bloke .... but what is the point in a stir-fry with 2 tablespoons of veg?? Hardly worth the effort!! :D

I just eat everything raw! .... well, not the chicken, fish, etc ;)

Thats fine, i know you can use balsamic,

Sorry, but balsamic isn't 'allowed'

Maybe it is just me being a bloke .... but what is the point in a stir-fry with 2 tablespoons of veg?? Hardly worth the effort!! :D

I just eat everything raw! .... well, not the chicken, fish, etc ;)

LOL. Know what you mean and I was thinking the same.

Stirfry? I just placed it on a cocktail stick and ate on the way up to bed :D

Just to also add, that although most are low carb, you are having carbs in your packs as well so if you have a bowl full of carbs which when stirfried will still shrink down to not a lot, the carbs will add up!

:)

Sometimes we just have to play by the book as thats where the research has ended up! It's worth it in the end though as over all this diet although very restrictive is for a very small time in our life!
x

Just to also add, that although most are low carb, you are having carbs in your packs as well so if you have a bowl full of carbs which when stirfried will still shrink down to not a lot, the carbs will add up!

:)

Sometimes we just have to play by the book as thats where the research has ended up! It's worth it in the end though as over all this diet although very restrictive is for a very small time in our life!
x

I suppose that says it all really. It is just for a short time and if the losses are limited due to eating too many veg, then we only have our selfs to blame. Thanks Tilly :D

you are doing fab eternal, it only seems minutes since i was in the first few weeks and these big losses really are worth the abstinence..
Good luck with the rest of your pounds :)

x

I suppose that says it all really. It is just for a short time and if the losses are limited due to eating too many veg, then we only have our selfs to blame.

The concern with having too much veg, isn't so much do to with a slower weight loss, but the added carbs could easily bring your out of ketosis, making the diet much harder than necessary.

I don't think that many people would last very long on so few calories without being in ketosis to help reduce the hunger.

Sorry, but balsamic isn't 'allowed'

OMG really I thought balsamic is allowed....... damn x

In my 'new' book....it does state under ss+ 'squirt of lemon juice or balsamic vinegar'. Must admit I did think this a tad strange seeing as we're not even allowed a slice of lemon in our water. KD please advise? xxx

Back