Messed up my first week

Dave, don't give up!
Just look at this first attempt as a false start - you had a chance to try some of the packs and now know what to expect during the first few days now.
I know it might not seem like it, but once you've managed to stick to it for one week, it's all downhill from there! You'll be in ketosis, won't be as hungry, will be used to a new routine and will have a great first-week loss to boost you. You might have lost something this week even though you didn't stick to it 100% and even if you didn't there's always a fresh start.
Just like Andy I started on January 20th last year and lost about seven stone on Total. I could have never done it without this programme; the results are amazing and you learn so much about yourself and your relationship with food along the way.
Your LLC sounds terrible though; are there any others in your area?
I found a very nice group and had a supportive LLC, who still checks in with me regularly even though I haven't been on total since August, but you have to find the strength to stick to the programme in yourself, otherwise there will always be something stopping you or tripping you up along the way.
You can do it!! :talk017:

Hi all,

I decided to give this another chance but still waiting to hear from my counsellor. I have been waiting for the call since Saturday. She text me yesterday and today and said she is busy and in consultations but will call later to discuss this with me. It's now 10pm on Monday night, and Iv been waiting for this call since 4pm on Saturday.
I think this is absolutely terrible!

That is poor. My LLC is so different. She is friends with us on FB and is so supportive.

So, what have you been eating today? Did you go back onto the packs? Do you have a strategy on how you are going to cope if your partner/family members are eating food in front of you?

Debbi8489 said:
That is poor. My LLC is so different. She is friends with us on FB and is so supportive.

So, what have you been eating today? Did you go back onto the packs? Do you have a strategy on how you are going to cope if your partner/family members are eating food in front of you?

I haven't gone back on the packs as yet :-( because I have been so angry with my LLC and been so undecided about whether to continue or not as the support hasn't been there but Iv realised today that this is my fault and nobody else's.
So I'm bk on the packs tomorrow and going to my first counselling session then to :)

Thanks so much x

Sorry to hear you're struggling. But being angry with your LLC isn't a reason not to go back on the packs as you've said yourself. The only person who can make you eat is yourself and LL is all about dealing with your emotions in ways other than eating. I know just how you feel. Happy, sad or angry I used to eat. And often blamed others for the way I felt and therefore my weight issues.
Starting again tomorrow is great news but if you have a blip...don't say you'll start again the following day. Start again immediately. 'Putting it off until tomorrow' is a common mistake. One piece of food doesn't need to lead to a binge. Just take it hour by hour and you'll get there if you really want to do this.
Make sure you tell your LLC that you are disappointed she hasn't got back to you sooner. Mine is constantly on my back and I'm not even doing the diet any more as I've finished management!

sorry if ive missed this if youve already said, but cant u change councillors??? she sounds like a right bi*ch, ur experience has got me all bothered aswell!! i wouldnt be able to tolerate someone who is showing so little respect towards me, and although yes u should stick to the programme, her attitude and lack of respect to u is not worth paying £72 to, especially as it is a business which she herself takes a large cut at the proceeds. in doing this programme it is vital that ur support system is strong and with a councillor like that who already has behaved in an appalling manner ur morale will be low (well mine would) and feel cr*p about urself - resulting in eating again as u have recently. dont waste ur money on this stuck up cow lol (sorry) find another councillor, or try exante, there cheap and just as effective.

thats my opinion and i dont mean to bring u down cos everyone is being really supportive which is great and u should carry on if ur strong enough but if that was me.. i would have punched her and legged it lol xx all im saying is get a new councillor

Yes, Exante is just packs but you don't get the weigh ins or counselling. It's a lot harder in terms of the fact you've got no support. But it's much cheaper than LL too! (£100 a month). I'd try and stick with LL for now as I think you'd struggle to go it alone but if you're not getting support, can you see if there is another group nearby?

Dave you Ledgend, starting back on the packs 2maro is brill news ! Its a shame your counsellor is so unsupportive. Your paying her wage really so she should be there for you. But were here for support to, just come online and ask us anything no matter how silly the question. It does seem so strange that total strangers can be so caring but were all in the same boat and just wanna help xxx

Dave - I am so pleased you are giving this another shot. it sounds to me that you have had a number of obstacles in your way already - your doctor, your LLC. You need to do this in spite of them and not use them as an excuse.

being angry at your LLC is fair enough - she isn't doing her job. But what would be a better revenge? Going off plan and showing her you have no will power and that you need her more than she needs you or sticking to it and proving you are worth bothering with.

Maybe she has written you off already and decided you are not worth the effort or too much hard work. It is up to you to prove her wrong (and try to find another LLC in the meantime!)

Go Dave! I promise, after a week on abstinence the weight loss will be worth it, and will spur you on. Keep coming on here to let us know how you are doing.

i think the best point made so far is to ask yourself why you are doing this. think about all the things you hate about being fat... feeling unattractive, not being able to wear nice clothes, not being able to go for a run, not being able to chat up the girl/boy that you like or to feel sexy with the one you have, knowing you are potentially shortening your life in a variety of nasty ways... whatever the reason, it is stronger than the desire to eat.

and if you have one blip, don't throw it all in the air. dust yourself off and start again, as you have done. and the next time your hand hovers over food, remind yourself how you felt when you slipped up and ask yourself if you want to feel like that again.

you can do it. if i can, anyone can!

x

Aw, I'm not sure how I got to this thread now since I started reading ten minutes ago but you guys are all so lovely and supportive of each other!

What a lovely little community you have going on, I hope to find a SW thread like this one somewhere :D

You could always to LL instead :rolleyes:

Back