Messed Up: Restarting :)

GagaOoLala

Hey :)

Ok, So Basically I have gone and messed up and I was doing so well. Today would of been day 3 and thats further than I thought I would get. Last night I messed up. I have been rowing with my boyfriend about this diet because he thinks its unsafe and un-natuaral etc and doesn't like me being on it and I just had enough! So I went out with "friends" who arn't very supportive either (big mistake) and I had a bottle of wine and nachos to ease my stress! I am and have always been an emotional eater! But I need to kick this habbit! I need to find a new way of dealing with the stress! because trust me I have alot of it atm! I was really stupid and thought that because I had been swimming and did 30 minutes on the cross trainer it wouldn't effect me.

It has.

I weighed myself this morning and ive gained all my weight back +1lb. :( :cry:

Oh well, re-start it is.

Shall I defo leave exercise well alone?

hope you are ok!

Put the slip up behind you and start again.. the gain will be off again in no time and i bet iff your 100% you could still have a loss at your official wi, although smaller than what you would have but next week will be bigger!!

have you and your bf sorted things out? im sorry hes not being supportive nor your friends - deffo come on here when you need support its amazing!!

chin up x

Just careful about the exercise for the first few weeks! Stop if you feel poorly! Always here for you Hun just PM me or give me a shout if you need support xxx

hope you are ok!

Put the slip up behind you and start again.. the gain will be off again in no time and i bet iff your 100% you could still have a loss at your official wi, although smaller than what you would have but next week will be bigger!!

have you and your bf sorted things out? im sorry hes not being supportive nor your friends - deffo come on here when you need support its amazing!!

chin up x

Thanks hun :) the only support im getting is from you guys!

Oh Emma your so lovily! Thank you for all your help and support xx

Hi hun, I also recommend cutting back on the exercise a little in the first few weeks. Maybe talk to your CDC about healthy levels of exericise to do at this early stage of your diet.

I think supportive friends are key also. I have one person my 'BF' who knows about the diet and is very supportive, everyone else tries to get me to eat or drink with them. Just try to stay motivated and not go to food for comfort.

I got this book 'The Beck Solution' which seems to be quite good about teaching yourself healthy eating patterns. But for now get back up on your horse and keep going with the diet. You can do it!

Drinking alcohol on this diet could kill you. Remember that next time you are tempted to cheat the same way!

I have to say that drinking alcohol on a VLCD is VERY unlikely to kill you at all and entirely improbable on day 2!

All the dangers associated with VLCD ketosis and alcohol are theoretical and there are NO RECORDED CASES of this happening.

However drinking alcohol will cause water retention, and that's where your gain will be, because in order to gain a lb of fat you need to have eaten 3500 extra calories and I'm sure that nachos and wine would not have that many calories in them!!

Good luck with your restart. Maybe your boyfriend would be convinced if you showed some of the research that shows that it is safe and that dieters actually lose more fat and less lean tissue and that there are no long term effects on your metabolism....
HTH!

I have to say that drinking alcohol on a VLCD is VERY unlikely to kill you at all and entirely improbable on day 2!

All the dangers associated with VLCD ketosis and alcohol are theoretical and there are NO RECORDED CASES of this happening.

However drinking alcohol will cause water retention, and that's where your gain will be, because in order to gain a lb of fat you need to have eaten 3500 extra calories and I'm sure that nachos and wine would not have that many calories in them!!

Good luck with your restart. Maybe your boyfriend would be convinced if you showed some of the research that shows that it is safe and that dieters actually lose more fat and less lean tissue and that there are no long term effects on your metabolism....
HTH!

I agree that that having alcohol on Day 2 is unlikely to kill you, but it is true that having alcohol when on a very low calorie diet isn't a very good idea, for all sorts of reasons. Your body views alcohol as a toxin and will burn the calories in the alcohol in preference to any other available calories - in other words, while you have alcohol in your body, no fat burning will take place and any carbs you consume are likely to be stored as fat.

Drinking alcohol actually doesn't cause water retention - in fact, it's likely to leave you dehydrated. The reason you regained weight is because there are carbs in them there Nachos, which means you refilled the glycogen stores in your liver, together with the water that's bound to those glycogen stores (altogether you're probably looking at 4-5 pounds worth of glycogen and water weight).

As soon as you burn that glycogen off again you'll be back in ketosis (give it a couple of days) and the regained weight will drop off again.

Incidentally, although it's oft quoted, 3,500 extra calories does not equate to a pound in weight gained (you won't find any research that shows that it does, it just seems to be one of those 'accepted wisdom' things - a bit like people telling you that very low calorie diets are dangerous. :))

Get back on the wagon and put it behind you, and you'll be back to where you were in no time!

{{{hugs}}}

Thanks everyone who replied.

Promise I won't drink alcohol again.. I have been warned! lol.

Had a good day today :)

Xx

Back