Messed up with a bar

RED

Restart for the millionth time...I was gonna flop late this evenin, I had one pack left to have...after much fightin with myself I opted on having a bar...I know Im not supposed to have them in the first week but it was that or a full blow pigout...will this affect my loss this week....i dont have anymore bars so will carry on with the shakes tomorrow...but just to get me thru today I had to do it...

Be careful - my advice is follow the plan, and ignore you rebellious inner child. What happens later when you are in the same situation, but this time don't have any bars to eat? When you think you are going to have a blow out just think about why you are dieting and think about how you are going to look after this process is finished. THEN, think about how you are going to look if you cave in and eat now. I bet you'll stay in abstinence then.

That's what I did when I was abstaining, and even now in management I use the same tactic - it really does work.

Congratulations on your weight loss.

Did your counsellor check if you were in ketosis?

Although it's obviously better if you can stick 100% to plan, if you're struggling it's better to use bars than something high in carbs and calories. My LLC advises buying a few 'emergency' bars for those moments, so you don't go and pig out on conventional food.

I had some extra bars last week, because I couldn't pick up my packs until wednesday, meaning I hadn't had any at the beginning part of the week. I found that I felt much less dizzy and ill on 2 bars and 2 packs, so am having that next week.

Back