Metabolic Typing / Interesting from a SWers point of view!!

I did the quiz and I appear to be an extreme parasympathetic. So last week I cut my carbs down by one meal a day. And this week I lost 5lb. Coincidence? Maybe. Will find out next week after another week of doing the same thing.

How did you find out what you could and couldn't eat for your metabolic type?

If you follow the instructions in the email that 'Lynn and Rick' sent, and send off your 3 totals, they write you a personalised email in return. That explains everything.

I am also sure that you can hunt on the net, but there is a lot of complicated stuff out there!

So, taking a snippet from my email they said:
We have determined that you are a Type Px - Extreme Parasympathetic.
See below for a complete explanation.

P Px

Types P and Px are genetically designed to conserve energy with the greatest efficiency of any body types. They have the slowest metabolic rates and the most efficient digestive abilities to convert food into stored fat as their energy reserve, rather than as immediate energy. They tend to be average or below-average in height, as well as heavier in weight. In addition, they usually appear young for their age (all things being equal), and often live longer-than-average lives. Psychologically, they tend to be more right-brained, with more natural creative thought and communications ability than other body types.
The Type P individual leans more towards parasympathetic function than balanced function. This type generally digests protein and conserves energy well—a great advantage in times of famine, but a real problem in modern societies where food is all too easily available. Type P diets need to be lower in carbohydrates because they tend to gain weight quickly from them due to their energy conservation capacity. (J.W. Kalat, Biological Psychology, 4th Edition, 1992).
The Type Px (extreme parasympathetic) represents the quintessential hunter-gatherer. Hunter-gatherers were food generalists who ate whatever they could find since they were constantly on the move. They found that nuts and seeds could easily be carried, and, if ingested in a timely fashion, these foods could help to keep blood sugar and energy balanced. Type Px typically has a soft body, low energy and holds weight around waist and face for men, and from the waist down for women (pear shape).
Type Px (Extreme parasympathetic)
60% Proteins
All types, as well as nuts and seeds.
10% Fats*
Highly recommended—essential fatty acids (EFAs) from nutritional oils. Take at least 2 tablespoons daily in addition to the above.
30% Low-glycemic Carbohydrates Only
Including low-glycemic fruits, vegetables, grains and cereals, in that order.
NOTE: Type P2 has the lowest tolerance for carbohydrates and must avoid high-glycemic foods altogether. Even moderately glycemic foods will likely result in weight gain.

Thanks Angie, I figured that out after I posted lol. I got the same email as you as I'm a P as well. Thanks again!

I'm Type Px - Extreme Parasympathetic too, does it just mean I need to eat less carbs?

In theory, thats about the size of it,yes. I couldnt cut out carbs completely, but I am making sure I have one less carb meal a day, so if I have a jacket potato at lunch, I have a meat and salad dinner, and vice versa. I will be interested to see what happens over the next few weeks.

MadameLaMinx - I haven't weighed, but have def felt different for lowering my carbs (no potatoes / pasta / rice). Although my meals have seemed lighter, I def felt satisfied for longer. There has been hardly any inclination to nibble between meals (a first for me), and I've felt quite bright and energised too.

Maybe a coincidence or psychological, but I'll carry on with it a bit.

I also bought a small pack of mixed seeds and tried them sprinkled on my salal (which I've been eating much more of), and they were soooo lovely!!!

Back