Metabolism

SarahC4107

Hey everyone! I am a newbie to LT (day 8) and just wanted to pick the brains of all you more experienced LT'ers. Can't help wondering about what happens to your metabolism when you have been following a VLCD for several weeks. Some of my sceptical friends have told me it slows down so much that when you do eventually start to eat food again, your body just clings on to it and as your metabolism is now really slow, you can barely eat anything at all without putting on weight. I'm trying not to think about that yet and just want to concentrate on GETTING THERE!!!!! Would be grateful for any comments though. Cheers.

Hi
All i can say is UNEDUCATED FRIENDS!!!
When you start to refeed, you introduce food and their groups slowly and let you body get used to them again ..you will find your taste buds change and you cannot eat the same amounts anymore ...and tbh why would you want to!
You will enjoy the taste of healthy foods.
Once you are maintaing a weight if you eat the same amounts of food day by day you shouldnt gain weight TJ & Fifi are a great eample of this xxx

Hi
All i can say is UNEDUCATED FRIENDS!!!
When you start to refeed, you introduce food and their groups slowly and let you body get used to them again ..you will find your taste buds change and you cannot eat the same amounts anymore ...and tbh why would you want to!
You will enjoy the taste of healthy foods.
Once you are maintaing a weight if you eat the same amounts of food day by day you shouldnt gain weight TJ & Fifi are a great eample of this xxx

Exactly. The metabolism gets 'wounded' as it would do with any diet (even if it's a little more). It soon recovers though, and it's safer to use the refeed to help the process.

Back