metformin 1500mg help

kate2012

hi i have had pcos since i was 14 which is 12 years now me and my husband are trying to conceive my gyne gave me metformin which i take 1500mg on a daily basis i have been takin it for 3 months now i have had one period which lasted 5 days but i havent ovulated i have an appointment with gyne on tuesday to follow up as i havent fallen pregnant do you guys think i shall ask for clomid to boost my ovulation please help im so upset as i had a miscarriage in march of this year and we really want another child

hi i have had pcos since i was 14 which is 12 years now me and my husband are trying to conceive my gyne gave me metformin which i take 1500mg on a daily basis i have been takin it for 3 months now i have had one period which lasted 5 days but i havent ovulated i have an appointment with gyne on tuesday to follow up as i havent fallen pregnant do you guys think i shall ask for clomid to boost my ovulation please help im so upset as i had a miscarriage in march of this year and we really want another child

I was upset when I was given metformin instead of clomid, and then I discovered that it was done on purpose because clomid works better if someone's been on metformin for a while.. and you can only take clomid for a limited time so you want to optimise the conditions before starting it..

whether you get clomid next needs to be between you and your doc.. they may have better ideas for you.. for example, you might need iui instead of just clomid on its own.. or they might think clomid's not for you... ..........

im just toatally sick gettin thrown from pillow to post they always seem to say because i have a healthy little boy and 2 mcs i am pretty fertile but i have always fallen pregnant by takin bc and comin off i will see if dr has any suggestions on tuesday as i really dont want to just b given a script for metformin

yeah metformin is used to stimulate your overies in to ovulating i metformin and clomid from day one and it took me two cycles of it to concieve but i got that obsessed with ttc it made thing worse try and relax and say to yourself if it happens it happens but if he give you clomid try have as much sex between day 12 and 21 my be every other night cos sperm lives inside you for 48 hrs it just increases you chances without knackering you and your hubby out xx good luck hun x

I feel your frustration....they tell you to lose weight, give you Met, give you lectures all before they offer you Clomid. I never had a period on Met, but thats because I take it for Diabetes, I think, depending on your age and how long you been TTC will depend on how quickly they offer you Clomid, and your PCT (and their policies) and Gyn...they sometimes don't understand how frustrating it is! And depressing, this can add to weight gain, an effect you don't need on top of everything else! On a plus side, being on Met may help you lose weight, the less over weight you are, the better chances of a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby :)

Good Luck :)

Literally started on metformin 500mgs today and will be working up to 1500mgs over the next 6 weeks. My doctor said there can be a few fairly common side effects so I'm curious to see how that pans out. Im on it mostly for weight loss so it's interesting to see it linked in with fertility. Hope it works out well for you and wishing you the best of luck!

Yeah i only had two periods a yeah my consultant put me on Provera to start my periods then clomid and metformin and got pregnant in the second cycle i go back to the consultant in Sept to start all over again for baba no 2 keep me up dated hun and good luck xx

I was on Metformin...i was okay for a little bit but then got soo sick and bad acid reflux on them that i had to stop taking them :(

Back