Metric Weighing in

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by darkangel001, 4 July 2011 Social URL.

1. darkangel001

darkangel001 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello,

I was wondering whether anyone knew if this was possible? I was not brought up in England, and therefore I never really used the Imperial System- ever, unless I had to for conversion exercises in Maths at school. Currently I am converting my weekly weight into kg, but I was wondering if there was the possibility of doing this during meetings if I asked each week?

I just feel that I don't really feel the difference- IMO, when I lose/gain weight as a result- because to me 2kg gain/loss is more dramatic than just 1lb for example.

Did anyone else come across this as a problem?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Snakes and ladders

Snakes and ladders Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(17.65%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Calorie counting, exercise
    Hm I know that you can change your ticker (see below) into kgs...I was also brought up in the metric system, but I am embracing the imperial system to some extent: 1lb sounds much better than 0.5kg!

xxx

4. Shrimpy

Shrimpy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(34.04%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The scales at group have a kg option, just where the on switch is on the display that you look at. I don't know if that will translate to the pda but I do know I have pushed it so one of our members could see what she lost that week in kg.

5. darkangel001

darkangel001 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oh ok, thanks guys- Ill see whether I can do that next week in class :)

6. BigV

BigV Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(17.67%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi, just tell the person that is weighing you to do it in kg's. I do that at class. They just have to press a button and the scales convert to kg. mine is written in kg rather than lbs in my book.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.