Michillins maintenance diary (of sorts)

Soaked the lentils, green and red, with butter beans, barley and haricot beans overnight. About a third of a cup of each. Then rinsed them and added them to the stock from the ham. Then just add a chopped onion, chopped leek, 3 grated carrots, half a small swede chopped and leave it simmer for about an hour and a half. The haricot beans and butter beans take the longest to cook. When all cooked, throw in a GOOD handful of chopped parsley - voila, its gorgeous.

It sounds it!! Thanks Mary :) xx

I make soup all the time and freeze it in tupperware dishes, its so handy for work, especially on nights.

Hi girls. Been a few days since I was online but we had a wedding on saturday so it was hectic getting ready and depositing offspring to their poor aunts for weekend and OH and I had our first two days break in years and it was brilliant . The wedding was fantastic (even the sun shone!!!!!) and I am very proud of myself as I had no desert at wedding or wine (Had a few bacardi and diet cokes after though!!! see Mary I can be part of the GANG too) . We got a little box of chocolates at the table and I brought mine home for son. Today we went to collect son from long suffering aunt and had lunch on the way home. Again had no desert just coffee . I didnt feel deprived . This is a whole new way of life for me . Been having too much fruit though ,have to get a handle on that...

Well done you - sounds as thought you coped admirably! Glad you had a good weekend. xx

Yes I was very pleased with myself at wedding but then it was TOTM week and even though I havnt gone for sugary stuff ,I have had Pizza and chicken and chips this week and way too much white carbs and my OH has this week off and we are going away for a few days !!!!!!!!!!!!Oh Hell . didnt weigh myself last saturday due to wedding (great excuse) weighed myself this morning at 12st 1lb so up a pound . not too bad concidering I have been eating for Ireland all week . Must get a grip on the carbs though. feel sick this evening after pizza . serves me right really :cry:

Hi Everyone , well I am back after our weeks holiday to Co. Clare. Weather wasnt great but got two days good enough for the beach. My Pair love water of any Temperature . Ithought it ws freezing but they loved it. Even though I stayed away from the sweet things ,I ate way too much bread, take aways and fruit . I am going to wait until tomorrow morning to weigh in but I know it wont be pretty. I can see it in my clothes!!!!. Anyway holidays are over now and back to reality from tomorrow. Hope you all are doing well . Will have a better look through the threads later when I make some dent in the "Bags " of dirty washing !!!! for Gods sake we were only away for four nights!!!!!!!

Glad to hear you had a good time. Shame about the weather, but like you say, kids just love it and they dont feel the cold.

Dont take to heart if you do have any gain, I gained after my holidays, but with sensible eating, it was back off again after a week. Good luck for tomorrow.

Thanks Mary. I have only myself to blame .We were staying in my sister-in -laws Mobile home and it was so much easier to get take-away (on site) than cook . sheer lazyness really but it was our holidays so........ anyway hope fully it wont be too much and as you say will come off fast when I get back to my usuail regimne. Hope things have been going well for you .

Glad you had a good time, good to see you back. Don't let any gain you might have get you down - you know you can deal with it.

Take care xx

Well , Weighed in this morning at 12st 2 lb . Was Amazed with that concidering I WAS such a pig on hols . Back on track today though because it feels like more (The Michillin tyre is bulging again !!!) . Have made a low-fat Lasagne and baked potatoe s for dinner . Looking forward to it now.

15/08/09

Breakfast : 40g shredded wheat bitesize
Low fat milk
1 boiled egg
2* slices McCambridge wholemeal stoneground bread

Lunch: 60g sliced chicken Breast
Mixed Salad
Diet Yogurt

Dinner Sm portion lasagne
1* large baked potatoe

Snack Diet Yogurt/ red apple

Thats great news that it was only a small gain. At least you had your break and had a good time. That tiny lb will be off in no time now you are back on track.

Yeah that's nothing Mich! Well done - that & probably more will be gone next week xx

Been v bold today well dinner wise anyway.

Breakfast : Cerial, boiled eggs and 2 slices of brown bread

Lunch : 2 * slices wholegrain bread
Chicken breast, coleslaw,(low-fat) tomatoes
apple and yogurt

Dinner : Whole meal pasta, bolognese sauce and minced beef AND 3 pieces of garlic bread off a stick . Aaaaaaah .

nothing since . like a stuffed duck.

I have to get a grip on portions . I am never going to loose more weight if I dont. I was talking to a friend of mine this evening and was telling him what i ate today and he just said "Arnt you overdoing the carbs a bit" Dwah !!!!.. I think I have been making it up to myself for not having sweet things by having more bread,cerial, fruit, etc. Funny how it can take an outsider looking in to see the obvious.

I try to have them at 2 out of 3 meals, but it doesn't always work - but yes you are right, it does sometimes take an outsider to spot certain things we are doing.

Back