Michillins maintenance diary (of sorts)

decided I better start putting my menu on again as it keeps me focussed.

Breakfast: 30g bitesize shredded wheat
low fat milk
boiled egg
2 slices wholemeal bread
scrape flora light

This is a BIG breakfast I know but I find i am very hungry in the morning and if I dont I will be picking before lunch

Lunch : 3 slices roast chicken breast
Mixed salad , Diet yougurt

Dinner : Chicken Curry (Marys Recipe) small portion boiled brown rice

You will get there, like Jan says, it will take us a while to find what is right for us and what will cause these 'triggers'. You are miles ahead of where you were, now you just need to listen to your body and have a little patience.

Hope you enjoyed the curry.

Hi Mary,
Didnt get to make the curry after all . I cannot find the Tumeric anywhere(in the shops). Ended up using uncle bens again !!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday 21st July

Todays Menu

Breakfast: 1/2 bowl oatibix bitesize(couldnt finish them ... much sweeter than the ordinary oatibix
2 boiled eggs

snack : handful almonds

Lunch : Tuna and mixed salad

Snack : Diet yogurt and apple

Dinner : spagetti bolognese
(nibbled some garlic bread !)
Bold Bold Bold !!!!!

Just leave the turmeric out of the recipe. I just put in any spices I have around and alter to taste........lol.

Thursday 23rd July 2009

Breakfast: med bowl shredded wheat
light milk
2 boiled eggs
2 slices Mccambridge brown
flora light

Lunch : 3 slices of chicken breast
Mixed salad
Diet Yogurt

snack : Bananna

Dinner : 1 chicken and bacon piece
3 small new potatoes
Turnip /Brocalli/ gravy

Think I am eating too much quantity:cry: .being good on the sweetie stuff though :D

I don't know coz we're all different but I will say I couldn't eat what you eat for breakfast without expecting to want huge quantities for the rest of the day. Maybe less more often???? Low GI/GL - specifically for those with big sugar issues - dictates 6 small meals a day ......... ? xx

I sometimes like a big breakfast too, but it curbs my appetite for longer, like Jan says though, we are all different.

Hi Girls, I dont know really . When I have a big breakfast, I dont feel hungry again until 2-3 pm then I have lunch and didnt even have a dinner last night ,just had ayogurt later before bed. I am reading a book at the mo ,its called "potatoes not prozac" . Its about sugar sensitivity and he recommends 30g of protein at your 3 meals. That doesnt mean 30g of eg chicken as 30g of chicken only has around 9g of protein so its quiet big quantities hense the 2 eggs for breakfast as I couldnt stomach meat so early in the morning . will have to broaden it though as I cant have 2 eggs every day can i . :confused:

No, dont think eggs are good everyday - i think its to do with cholesterol levels, although i could be wrong?

You could have fish .... ?

Fish hmmmmm

I could have fish i suppose but I would have to have it on weekdays when OH is gone to work. He is allergic to fish and hates the smell !!!! around the house . Bit strange for breakfast but if it helped me loose weight id eat a whale for breakfast !!!!!!!!

Not really strange - people have kippers for breakfast all the time (not that I could stomach them myself!) or smoked haddock. Kedgeree can be a breakfast dish though you wouldn't want all the rice I wouldn't think. Sardines or pilchards or mackaral (sp?) on toast .... mmmmmmmm

I have never eaten kippers in my life . Smoked haddock is yum cooked in milk and thickened with potatoes (making myself hungry here at the thought :)). sardines i could eat but for breakfast. its difficult to change your diet when you are a fussy witch like me :wave_cry:

kippers :drool:

Yippie !!!! down 1lb today so my big breakfasts havnt caught up with me yet ...Maybe it works ??????

25/07/09

Breakfast : 45g shredded wheat
Low fat milk
1 boiled egg (cut it down)
2 slices stoneground Bread
scraping flora light

Snack Yogurt and apple

Lunch : 2* baby belle (4.4g protein each)
Handfull hazelnuts

Dinner : Chicken Portion
Turnip/Brocalli
3 small new potatoes
Gravy (Bold but.....)

Brilliant! Well done ..... hope you've found what works for you now :) xx

Well done on your loss.

The myth with eggs has now gone, they done testing on people eating less than 7 eggs per week and with people eating a lot more than 7 eggs a week and the cholestrol wasnt affected.

Another thing you could have for breakfast is ham, I quite often have a continental breakfast. Boiled egg, ham/salami, salad, olives, wholemeal bread, its surprising how filling it is too, and you could always have a little cereal beforehand.

I am like you, having a substantial breakfast sets me up until well into the afternoon.

I dont know what it is Mary but I feel free at the moment !!!! . I can sit down and eat substancial (sp) breakfast ,lunch and dinner ,feel full and not craving or binging . I watched my other half tuck in to chocolate cake last night (our 17th wedding anniversary was friday) and it really didnt effect me. I think he misses having someone to share sweet things with but he knows how important this is for me.

He wants chinese later so thats fine I will get a chop suey (just chicke and veg) and cook some brown rice myself to have with it.

Sunday 26th July

Low fat milk
1 boiled egg
2* slices wholemeal Bread
flora light

Lunch : 120g chicken breast
Tomatoes, peppers, beetroot
coleslaw, lettuce

Snack : Diet Yogurt

Dinner chop suey
small portion brown rice

I dont know what it is Mary but I feel free at the moment !!!! . I can sit down and eat substancial (sp) breakfast ,lunch and dinner ,feel full and not craving or binging . I watched my other half tuck in to chocolate cake last night (our 17th wedding anniversary was friday) and it really didnt effect me. I think he misses having someone to share sweet things with but he knows how important this is for me.

He wants chinese later so thats fine I will get a chop suey (just chicke and veg) and cook some brown rice myself to have with it.

Sunday 26th July

Low fat milk
1 boiled egg
2* slices wholemeal Bread
flora light

Lunch : 120g chicken breast
Tomatoes, peppers, beetroot
coleslaw, lettuce

Snack : Diet Yogurt

Dinner chop suey
small portion brown rice

I know where you are coming from. The only time I DO feel like binging is after a huge amount of alcohol, otherwise I am fine. Last night my OH sat here and he picked on crunchies, crisps, cheese slices, chocolate biscuits, tuc cheese sandwich biscuits and I didnt even fancy any one of them, where as previously I would have been picking with him. Today I have had breakast, Bacon, egg and grilled tomatoes, a banana as a snack, then lamb steak with potatoes and veg. Nothing else since, but I dont look to food now as a substitute for something, I look on food now as an energy supplement that I need to survive.

Wow, that sounds heavy, and long winded........lol.

Hey, whatever, if its working, dont knock it and enjoy your freedom hun, I know I am.

Back