Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

mid week weigh ins?

Discussion in 'Exante' started by jayne289, 25 October 2011 Social URL.

1. jayne289

jayne289 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(17.41%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I know the best way to monitor weight loss is once a week weighing yourself at the same time of the day. Calorie counting and exercising I noticed that my weight varied by plus or minus 1lb if I weighed myself every day, even if the loss that week amounted to 2 or 3lbs.

Anyway my question is, does any weigh themselves more than once a week? This is only my second day but I am really curious and I want to know if I have lost anything yet!!

But I dont want to be disheartened to find I haven't lost anything!

Any advice or patterns people have noticed would be really helpful! thanks xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. determinator

determinator Banned

hey , this one is totally personal and everyone is different . I weigh every morning but take my monday morning weigh in as my weeks loss . This is a positive for me .. if i have lost a good amount it spurs me on , if I havent it pushes me to carry on ...... if you think that you may find a poor result disheartening then I would advise once weekly weighing , but if you think it will motivate you then do it more often xx

4. xSherrie.Chointellex

xSherrie.Chointellex Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(15.79%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Im the same as Katie, I weigh everyday even though I sometimes don't want to, I just cant help myself! x

5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  6. Thetrigos

Thetrigos Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(21.82%)
    Diet:
    WW 09/10 - 09/11 now Exante from 10/11
    I do midweek weigh ins - my weigh days is a Tuesday, so i weigh then and take that as my loss (or gain haha!) then i weigh on a Friday morning too. It spurs me on to get through the weekend, and gives me a shove of motivation to get through the rest of the week. I try not and weigh daily because i know my weight fluctuates, and also i like to see a positive drop in the scales when i do weigh x

7. flab-buster

flab-buster Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    This is a good post! I am pretty much the same, I found that I cant help but to weigh each morning but I only use the weight from my saturday morning weigh in and the rest of the week I use to keep me focused. For me its basically making the best of a bad situation because I will weigh myself regardless! lol :eek:

8. jayne289

jayne289 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(17.41%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Thanks everyone, that is really good advice! I think I will wait until the end of my first week and hopefully I'll be ridiculously shocked about how much weight I have lost!! :D

9. chiefdave

chiefdave Full Member

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(12.8%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I do an official weigh in once a week but as my wife always has the scales out in the bedroom I can't resist checking most days. I guess thats not a problem so long as you don't expect to see much change day to day.

10. jayne289

jayne289 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(17.41%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Re-start for me tomorrow morning! Think I will weigh in on Thursday morning, as well as my Monday weigh in tomo morning, to encourage me to continue for more than the three days I lasted last week! Fingers crossed for everyone!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.