mid week weigh ins?

Discussion in 'Exante' started by jayne289, 25 October 2011 Social URL.

1. jayne289

jayne289 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(17.41%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I know the best way to monitor weight loss is once a week weighing yourself at the same time of the day. Calorie counting and exercising I noticed that my weight varied by plus or minus 1lb if I weighed myself every day, even if the loss that week amounted to 2 or 3lbs.

Anyway my question is, does any weigh themselves more than once a week? This is only my second day but I am really curious and I want to know if I have lost anything yet!!

But I dont want to be disheartened to find I haven't lost anything!

Any advice or patterns people have noticed would be really helpful! thanks xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. determinator

determinator Banned

hey , this one is totally personal and everyone is different . I weigh every morning but take my monday morning weigh in as my weeks loss . This is a positive for me .. if i have lost a good amount it spurs me on , if I havent it pushes me to carry on ...... if you think that you may find a poor result disheartening then I would advise once weekly weighing , but if you think it will motivate you then do it more often xx

4. xSherrie.Chointellex

xSherrie.Chointellex Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(15.79%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Im the same as Katie, I weigh everyday even though I sometimes don't want to, I just cant help myself! x

5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  6. Thetrigos

Thetrigos Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(21.82%)
    Diet:
    WW 09/10 - 09/11 now Exante from 10/11
    I do midweek weigh ins - my weigh days is a Tuesday, so i weigh then and take that as my loss (or gain haha!) then i weigh on a Friday morning too. It spurs me on to get through the weekend, and gives me a shove of motivation to get through the rest of the week. I try not and weigh daily because i know my weight fluctuates, and also i like to see a positive drop in the scales when i do weigh x

7. flab-buster

flab-buster Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    This is a good post! I am pretty much the same, I found that I cant help but to weigh each morning but I only use the weight from my saturday morning weigh in and the rest of the week I use to keep me focused. For me its basically making the best of a bad situation because I will weigh myself regardless! lol :eek:

8. jayne289

jayne289 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(17.41%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Thanks everyone, that is really good advice! I think I will wait until the end of my first week and hopefully I'll be ridiculously shocked about how much weight I have lost!! :D

9. chiefdave

chiefdave Full Member

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(12.8%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I do an official weigh in once a week but as my wife always has the scales out in the bedroom I can't resist checking most days. I guess thats not a problem so long as you don't expect to see much change day to day.

10. jayne289

jayne289 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(17.41%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Re-start for me tomorrow morning! Think I will weigh in on Thursday morning, as well as my Monday weigh in tomo morning, to encourage me to continue for more than the three days I lasted last week! Fingers crossed for everyone!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.