• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

mid week weigh ins?

S: 17st9lb C: 14st8lb G: 10st0lb Loss: 3st1lb(17.41%)
I know the best way to monitor weight loss is once a week weighing yourself at the same time of the day. Calorie counting and exercising I noticed that my weight varied by plus or minus 1lb if I weighed myself every day, even if the loss that week amounted to 2 or 3lbs.

Anyway my question is, does any weigh themselves more than once a week? This is only my second day but I am really curious and I want to know if I have lost anything yet!!

But I dont want to be disheartened to find I haven't lost anything!

Any advice or patterns people have noticed would be really helpful! thanks xx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
hey , this one is totally personal and everyone is different . I weigh every morning but take my monday morning weigh in as my weeks loss . This is a positive for me .. if i have lost a good amount it spurs me on , if I havent it pushes me to carry on ...... if you think that you may find a poor result disheartening then I would advise once weekly weighing , but if you think it will motivate you then do it more often xx

S: 14st13lb C: 12st8lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 29.3 Loss: 2st5lb(15.79%)
Im the same as Katie, I weigh everyday even though I sometimes don't want to, I just cant help myself! x

Thetrigos

Silver Member
S: 15st10lb C: 12st4lb G: 11st6lb Loss: 3st6lb(21.82%)
I do midweek weigh ins - my weigh days is a Tuesday, so i weigh then and take that as my loss (or gain haha!) then i weigh on a Friday morning too. It spurs me on to get through the weekend, and gives me a shove of motivation to get through the rest of the week. I try not and weigh daily because i know my weight fluctuates, and also i like to see a positive drop in the scales when i do weigh x

S: 21st2.5lb C: 20st9.5lb G: 10st5lb Loss: 0st7lb(2.36%)
hey , this one is totally personal and everyone is different . I weigh every morning but take my monday morning weigh in as my weeks loss . This is a positive for me .. if i have lost a good amount it spurs me on , if I havent it pushes me to carry on ...... if you think that you may find a poor result disheartening then I would advise once weekly weighing , but if you think it will motivate you then do it more often xx
This is a good post! I am pretty much the same, I found that I cant help but to weigh each morning but I only use the weight from my saturday morning weigh in and the rest of the week I use to keep me focused. For me its basically making the best of a bad situation because I will weigh myself regardless! lol :eek:

Thanks everyone, that is really good advice! I think I will wait until the end of my first week and hopefully I'll be ridiculously shocked about how much weight I have lost!! :D

S: 24st0lb C: 20st13lb G: 15st0lb BMI: 39.7 Loss: 3st1lb(12.8%)
I do an official weigh in once a week but as my wife always has the scales out in the bedroom I can't resist checking most days. I guess thats not a problem so long as you don't expect to see much change day to day.

Re-start for me tomorrow morning! Think I will weigh in on Thursday morning, as well as my Monday weigh in tomo morning, to encourage me to continue for more than the three days I lasted last week! Fingers crossed for everyone!