Midnight's CD Journey (5+ stone to lose)

Midnight Aquarius

Hi all :)

I'm a newbie to CD (and minimins) so was really pleased to come across this forum and find so many others doing it and supporting each other.

I have sat in the background, reading lots of posts on CD and started a blog on here to track my CD journey for my own personal reference really, but when I read some of the diaries , i found them so helpful and inspirational, I thought I should transfer it over here in the hope that someone else might find this helpful in the future.

This is only my 3rd day on CD and I have at least 5 stone to lose, ideally 7 but i've got to the point where i'd be very grateful just for the 5!!

Like many of you, I have ended up here after trying several different diets and methods and feel like i have hit the final resort stage :sigh:

I have always struggled with my weight and haven't weighed below 11 stone since i was about 16 and for the most part have averaged around 13-15 stone. But in the last few years my weight has soared out of control and i reached my all time high of 19 stone 2lbs last winter :cry: I was also diagnosed with PCOS (after a few years of symptoms) around this time. - As a result I was prescribed Metformin and told that this might help me lose weight too if I made some effort...so i did...at first.

I started meds and went back to Weight Watchers, started Pro Points and after 2 weeks of sticking to it only had a 2lb loss.:mad: Anyway, got really disheartened and gave up, i had never lost less than 4lb on my first week of any diet and usually averaged 2-3 per week. - I wondered if my PCOS was making the difference this time round?

So from then on I gave up the "diet" tried to keep my eating within good - reasonable limits and throw myself into exercise:everything from walking, bodypump, swimming, cycling zumba and gym, 4-6 times a week for and hour minimum. After months of this i still had only another 8lbs loss to show for my efforts, and even though i felt better, looked slimmer and dropped a dress size, it just wasn't happening quickly enough for me to feel motivated to keep it up at this level.

So here I am, hoping this will be the last attempt and the one to get things shifting at last. - I can't stay like this anymore, i've been unhappy for far to long and i want my life back. I have surgery pending and a holiday in 8 weeks and i'm determined to get 3 stone off before either :eek:

Wish me luck x

My Weight Loss Journey on Cambridge
Posted 2 Days Ago at 05:04 PM by Midnight Aquarius
Day one going well so far. I'm on the 810 plan but supplementing with a protein shake for now so I have the energy to keep exercising. So really 1000 calories a day. Which could be why i'm finding it quite easy so far

It's 5pm and so far today i've had my protein shake, a CD porridge and CD Soup and 2 litres of water (and lots of trips to the loo!) The vegetable soup was fine, the porridge not very nice but managed it.

I'm about to try making the Vanilla milkshake into a Latte by adding coffee (a tip from my CDC counsellor) before going to my Zumba class in a while.

Then home for a small piece of fish with some Broccoli and MORE water :-/

Can't complain though, have had no side effects whatsoever...yet! Haven't really been hungry either :)
Day 1 PM- Update.
Posted 1 Day Ago at 09:21 PM by Midnight Aquarius
Well got through Zumba, but REALLY noticed the lack of calories. I do this class twice a week (amongst others) and its a good workout but perfectly manageable, tonight i really struggled to keep up. But got another litre of water down without any trouble.

Had a teeny weeny dinner of fish and broccoli followed by a metformin (i take this for PCOS and have been told to reduce to one dose a day whilst on CD). Bit worried about the side effects of taking these on a LCD like this (they can make you feel really rubbish sometimes and upset your tummy) but will see how it goes for now as it should help the weight come off even easier if i can tolerate it.

So i've used all my calories today (hopefully burnt a few too) and for the first time all day, actually feel quite hungry. So early night for me to take away the temptation. But all in all a good first day and Yayy...i got through it. Let's see what tomorrow brings..

Btw, the Latte (vanilla shake with coffee) was disgusting won't be trying that again, but might try a choccy one with hot water instead.

Transferred from blog

Cambridge Diet Day 2
Posted 22 Hours Ago at 08:26 PM by Midnight Aquarius
Well the day started well when I got up to a 3lbs loss on the scales overnight I suspect this is just fluid loss as i really did not stop peeing all day and night...but it's still nice to see the scales shift for a change. Which is just as well as I have been soooo hungry all day its the only thing that has got me through it.

Had CD porridge, CD Leek & Potato soup (favourite so far) and 2 eggs, took my protein drink before Zumba class tonight and it really helped me get through it much easier than yesterday

Just finishing my 3rd litre of water as i type this and saving my last CD shake for later, planning to make the chocolate orange one as a hot drink as i really can't stomach the idea of it cold.

Side effects have started today; i've had a mild 'fuzzy head' and lack of energy until i had my protein shake, but the thing that has got me most is the hunger That said, i feel better for the eggs as i just needed some bulk in my stomach and the day is drawing to an end so not much longer to get through

This is usually treat night (Friday) where i pig out on popcorn, chocolate and wine with a film...have got to remind myself that that is what got me here in the first place!! But i'll miss it all the same..

Heres hoping that ketosis kicks in soon

Good work - you're a brave woman doing Zumba on your first day! Hey - I've lost the weight you are looking to lose (have been doing it for 4 months tomorrow) so there's a thought!

Thanks ladies :)

Congratulations on your weight losses! x

CD Day 3

Woke up to another pound off, so 4 in total already (i know i really shouldn't weigh in daily but i can't help it).

It's been a good day on the whole, seemed to have an energy boost since waking, clocked up 6 miles on my pedometer between dog walking and housework and generally felt really well for half the day.

Been really tired for the other half though (paying for my energetic spurt?) but then I left out one of my CD products and had the other one really late so that probably hasn't helped either. I wondered whether I should take it anyway but thought it might be too much to have so many nutrients all together? I'm not getting on brilliantly with the products...i'm finding them pretty disgusting and having to force myself to have them. The soups aren't too bad but i can't seem to make the shakes without them clumping together in horrible lumps whether i do them warm or cold. I tried the strawberry one with the mouse mix powder and even though the flavour was nice it was really grainy from the unmixed powder.

The hunger has improved a lot today...it hasn't gone and i have had my moments but few and far between and i have managed to cook for everyone else and not give in to temptation. I must admit though, I am getting a strange appreciation for food, i am looking at things i never really cared about and thinking wow i bet that's delicious.

Anyway, another day down and actually feeling like i'm moving towards the 1st week mark now :D

well done. keep going. you may try blending ur shake with some ice cubes and see if that helpd. i only take the ready made shake (tetra). Good luck in ur weight loss journey.

Thanks babypat...i will give that a go with the ice cubes. I don't remember being offered any tetra packed shakes but I think i will text my CDC and see if she stocks them so i can get some next appointment.

CD Day 4

..and another day bites the dust :D

Good day again, another 1lb off so 5lbs down altogether - i actually can't believe it...i have found it virtually impossible to lose a decent amount of weight in recent months no matter what i've done so i'm really chuffed to see this working.

I think i'm in ketosis now as my OH was kind enough to tell me my breath smelled today and I had to explain why i was so pleased to hear it! But my mouth actually tastes horrible all the time and really dry, i have drunk 5.5 litres of plain water today because i have been sooo thirsty...please tell me this passes???

Done Zumba dvd at home and half hour dog walk this morning but energy declined after that and have been sofa bound with the exhaustion for the rest of the day. I seem to wake up with a huge burst of energy and feel like i could take on anything, then once I have spent that energy, i'm all out :sigh: I get the feeling a bodypump class may be out of the question just now...

Well done so far. Aim also a serial morning weigher, as I know once I stop looking at the scales the rot sets in! Not sure how you are managing all that exercise at this stage but as long as you don't feel too light headed or end up with totally no energy then you are doing really well.

Keep up the water it really helps.

I have a plastic blender bottle, I think from Lakeland that has a sort of spiral metal ball you pop in the bottle with the water and shake, some water first then Powder then more water, then lid on and shake like he'll and I usually end up with very few lumps. Don't know if that helps. Lots of people use a blender and ice and that sounds good too.

Good luck and keep posting!

Lol, well i'm glad i'm not the only one! Yes I feel like I can endure it however bad it gets so long as I get some daily motivation, i dread to think what will happen the day I step on and see something I don't like :-/

I was another 2lbs lighter today so i'm feeling on a high again this morning :)

As for the exercise, the key is my protein shake, it's not a CD product so strictly speaking I shouldn't be having it. But the way I see it, it's 195 cals, I can burn anywhere between 300-500 calories per hour on exercise depending what exercise i am doing and how much effort i put in. Alongside that, my metabolism will be burning at a higher rate for some hours following the exercise and I am hoping it will preserve some of the muscle I am likely to lose doing this diet. Without the shake I find it really hard and probably wouldn't be able to keep it up.

Thanks for the advice re the shaker bottle, i'm probably going to go for something like that and a blender so i can make them up if i am out in a shaker and blender for home.

Thank you x

Yesterday was fine - i think i am really getting into the swing of it now and can't believe how quickly the days have gone by. Which is a good thing, as tbh I am wishing the days away whilst i'm on this as it is so harsh, i feel my social life is on complete hold. - Which wouldn't usually matter, it's not THAT busy lol but everything seems to come up in summer.

I feel bad that i can't go out for my daughters birthday on Saturday as its involves a restaurant (my fav) and I think it's just too early on to put that kind of temptation in my path. It's also my sons birthday on Monday so I will be surrounded by party food and i think that is as much a test as i can bear right now. I don't know why, I am cooking for the family and they are eating around me and it doesn't bother me much as I am honestly not hungry most of the time. - I think it is something more psychological with associating going out or special occasions with food that is making me worry.

I lost another 1lb this morning (7 total) and should be really pleased and grateful but I think i have been spoilt with the weight loss this week and am being greedy now as i want more! I could slap myself, I know in my sensible head that I should be very pleased to have lost at all (i have found it really hard to shift weight lately, think the worsening of my PCOS symptoms?) But i set myself a 10lb goal for week one, which is a lot but its also quite realistic on this diet from what i can gather and CDC also said she thought i might achieve that in my first week. So as I suddenly seem so close to weigh in (Thursday night) i am panicking now that i'm 3lbs of target and on top of that, i weigh in naked, first thing in the morning and CDC weighs me clothed (thank god lol) in the evening when my weight can vary up to another 4lb! So i have this horrible vision of being 4lb heavier (no matter what i lose) on her scales and feeling like i've failed :(

Anyway, I've stopped feeling sorry for myself for now...i've been to Zumba class which always gives me happy vibes and treated myself to a nice swim, steam and spa after. I suppose so long as I keep up the exercise and stick to the diet I have done my best.

you're right - as long as you're sticking to it then it is doing good, whether or not you can see it on the scales straight away.

keep it up!

Thanks Sapphire :)

Congrats on your weight loss so far, you're doing fab!

Thanks back at ya!
Feeling super motivated tonight after having a read of everyone's diaries and quite successfully tuning out the OH eating his dinner on the other end of the sofa.

I think i need to do that as I am struggling today :(

Haven't caved in yet but a some inspirational reading should help.

Yesterday was a bad day for me However, i got through it and am really pleased i did not give in to the temptations that plagued me all blimmin day.

It started well, went to Zumba at the gym and had a really good workout (briliant teacher on tuesdays) swim and spa, Done all my housework when i got back and then my shopping was delivered

I always shop online and thought this would prove particularly helpful on this diet but hadn't really contemplated the matter of putting it all away and having to handle every single item!

Since two of my childrens birthdays fall within this weeks shop; there were LOTS of goodies in there...that was it, couldn't get food off my mind all day, really had to battle with myself to resist and actually felt really hungry (psychological?). But i didn't drink as much water as usual yesterday either so that could be partially to blame.

Anyway, todays a new day and i'm feeling stronger for getting through it and motivated by another 1lbs loss and my trousers practically falling off me when i walk

Am feeling ill though (sore throat, ears and swollen neck glands) am wondering if I have temporarily compromised my immunity by overdoing the exercise on such low cals? So toned it down this morning with just half a dvd workout and a 20 min dog walk.

Here's hoping for a better day today! First CDC weigh in tomorrow evening so hopefully that will keep me focused.

Back