Midway motivation.....

*Emsie*

Gold Member
I think I'm having a bit of a midway crisis! Its been suggested that I try and think of a few things that will be possible if I continue on my weight loss journey...to make it feel like a more positive journey rather than the pressure I seem to be feeling t the moment.

I bought a bike recently and I want to learn to ride it and get to a stage where I can ride with my hubby and boys....

Any other suggestions??

I try not to think of the whole journey as it just seems too daunting, so I have lots of mini targets and rewards along the way, so my attention is always foccussed on the next milestone. Each milestone is rewarded with a treat (new charm for my bracelet, new pair of jeans, foot massage from husband, meal out at favourite sushi bar, etc)

My rewards are for:

Every half stone
Every time I get down into the next stone (e.g. getting in the 11s is my next one)
Every drop of 5% of starting weight
Every drop of BMI category
Every drop of 5lb

This works out at quite a lot of rewards!!!! So today, I weighed in and lost a pound- this took me to 95lb lost which means a reward- yay! Sushi and the cinema for me tomorrow night! And my next award is only 3lb away for 7 stone, so I don't have too far to look ahead for my next incentive

I try not to think of the whole journey as it just seems too daunting, so I have lots of mini targets and rewards along the way, so my attention is always foccussed on the next milestone. Each milestone is rewarded with a treat (new charm for my bracelet, new pair of jeans, foot massage from husband, meal out at favourite sushi bar, etc)

My rewards are for:

Every half stone
Every time I get down into the next stone (e.g. getting in the 11s is my next one)
Every drop of 5% of starting weight
Every drop of BMI category
Every drop of 5lb

This works out at quite a lot of rewards!!!! So today, I weighed in and lost a pound- this took me to 95lb lost which means a reward- yay! Sushi and the cinema for me tomorrow night! And my next award is only 3lb away for 7 stone, so I don't have too far to look ahead for my next incentive

Cocktail Princess, you have done amazingly well, I'm in awe... how have you managed to be so consistant, if you don't mind me asking?

Your halfway through you weightloss, most likely all your clothes fit well.

My consultant recently suggested getting a piece of clothing (non stretchy) that is far too tight but that can be done up.

The theory behind it is

- most people start dieting because their clothes are too small.
- having clothing you can't wear can be a downer for some people, but this piece of clothing can be worn NOW (even if it is stupidly tight) so is not a waste of money.
- As the weeks go by, you can feel a physical change as sometimes it's hard to see how your losing weight.

Well done on the weight loss you have achieved so far.

I also do what cocktailprincess does but I include a drop of every 5kg as well. :)

Cocktail Princess, you have done amazingly well, I'm in awe... how have you managed to be so consistant, if you don't mind me asking?
Thank you, Doll! That means a lot to me.

I guess this time was the first time that I saw it as a lifestyle choice and not just a quick fix diet as I had always done before. I set myself a really slow long target of just half a pound a week (in reality it is an average of 1lb a week- but still really slow by some people's standards)
I also don't look at it as being 'off' or 'on' plan- this is my life now and it is how I CHOOSE to eat. I don't have to- I could eat like I did before if that is what I truly wanted, but then I have to live with the consequences of being 19 stone+ and pretty restricted and unhappy about my size.

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread! I could go on so much more, but that is the gist of it!

xxxxxx

I guess that's the trick - it's a lifestyle now :eek:

Thanks CP and sorry for hijacking the thread too!!

i am having the same problem at the moment i have started to feel good about myself even though i'm still along way off a healthy weight. so am finding it hard to say no to nights out and stuff and on one hand i know that i should beable to go out and have fun and loose weight but just feel stuck at the moment. am forcing myself to be good and hopefully soon i will regain my motivation and it will be easy again

Hijacking the thread?...not at all...thats what its all about!
Thanks for the posts they are great!
I'm trying to focus on the things that will be of further benefit to losing the weight I want to lose to keep me going.
Jenks what are you looking forward to when you have lost even more weight? Its great that you are feeling so much happier with your weight now though but think how much better you will feel when you've lost even more! :)
I've bought a bike and am trying to build up riding it to a point where I can enjoy cycling iwth hubby and the kids....I've never been great at cycling!

Back