Might give up going to meetings

fendigal

Hi all...im thinking of giving up going to weigh ins to save money! im doing pretty well at the moment, and things are a bit tight at the moment financially i have loads of bits to save for. Im thinkin of doin my own weigh in at home and sticking to ww plan..is there any of you guys doing this?? How do you find it?
I have lots of things to save for in the coming months and the €10 per week could go towards this.
Any opinions welcome guys..im in two minds as to what to do for the best. I think i have the determination to keep going on my own, i have my wedding anniversary and holidays coming up.

Hiya my experience and my opinion.
I went last year to 2 differnt WW meetings and the year before I went to 2 others.I didnt like them as Id been so often over the years that I knew what they were going to say and last year I was going to the gym 3 times a week and aquafit twice a week and was losing 1 lbs a week for the leader to say to us all weekly Lady A has lost 3-4-5lbs again this week and if youa ll worked as hard as her you too would lose as much :eek: well Lady A wasnt exercising she just lost quick and she had alot to lose,but this made me feel disappointed in my leader,so I yoyoed for a while when I left had 6 months off plans and started afresh all alone at home. I used my old ww stuff and brought upto date stuff from ebay to do this.I get all the support here and on the ww forums and I have stuck to this for 3 months longer than any time in the past 2-3 years.
I think if you feel you can do this alone try,if you find you 'need' the support of a group then go back,I did join ww online but never use it that much but theres good referencing on there.
TBH minins is better than any group ive been to as there is a lifetime of experience here and someone always comes along to help us.
xx

couldn't agree more, i find the classes a bit clicky i'm just sticking to it at home x

Its really got to be a decision you make as to what suits you. If you feel you can go it alone then give it your best shot and see how you get on, if you find it too difficult you can always rejoin.

I do better with going to the classes, always have done. Not too sure what happens in my head when I dont go but its like someone switches off my oomph. It does help that I like the people in the class as well.

Good luck with whatever you decide

hi fendigal, where about are u in ireland, cos if u where close to the north you could nip to class there as they are little cheaper

thanks to all for the replies

lizanne unfortunately im in the south east so north is a good 2 hrs drive for me..its a pity though

size 102b thanks for the reply i know i can do it alone ive been in and out of weight watchers and when i lost weight for my wedding i did it alone an had just pure determination as my support and it worked. I think your rite if i really want to do it i can.

I think i'll take a few wks off from meetings and see how im going on my own. If i find myself slipping i can always head back.

Yes I think if you feel this is what you want to do then I feel you will do it ,I have had good meetings a few years back but Im better alone now,well done on your losses xx

Back