might sound silly

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by denise_2009, 20 April 2009 Social URL.

1. denise_2009

denise_2009 Full Member

hi i have been at slimming world for 5 weeks now but just wondering if anyone else on the diet has had restless legs not sure if this is just something i have taken or is it something on the diet that might b triggering it.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. julie19

julie19 Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimmingworld
    Denise,
    When I went back on SW I got something called a Charley Horse which is really bad cramps in your calves, my mum though has had restless legs when she went back on it, she still has it occasionally but it isn't as bad as it was

4. rach3

rach3 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    whats restless legs? x

5. denise_2009

denise_2009 Full Member

hi julie thanks for your reply im trying to work out y this is happening i baked with scan bran 2 weeks ago and got the feeling in my legs then yesterday i made another cake and guess what was up all night with restless legs. restless legs r when your legs jumps for no reason and u cant seem to settle them.

6. StephCracknell

StephCracknell Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.2%)
    Diet:
    WW Pro points
    I have read that it's due to a lack in potassium, and when I get it, I eat bananas regularly to up my intake of potassium and it seems to go away

x

7. JestersTear

JestersTear Cute, but psycho!

Diet:
    Slimming World
    My mum gets the restless leg this and has to stand up and walk about to sort it out. I never knew what she was on about but now (since about the age of 37) I've been getting it as well. This was long before I joined SW though, but doing so hasn't really made any difference either.
    I'm interesting in the potassium theory though, but I hate bananas - what else could I try?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.