might sound silly

denise_2009

hi i have been at slimming world for 5 weeks now but just wondering if anyone else on the diet has had restless legs not sure if this is just something i have taken or is it something on the diet that might b triggering it.

Denise,
When I went back on SW I got something called a Charley Horse which is really bad cramps in your calves, my mum though has had restless legs when she went back on it, she still has it occasionally but it isn't as bad as it was

hi julie thanks for your reply im trying to work out y this is happening i baked with scan bran 2 weeks ago and got the feeling in my legs then yesterday i made another cake and guess what was up all night with restless legs. restless legs r when your legs jumps for no reason and u cant seem to settle them.

I have read that it's due to a lack in potassium, and when I get it, I eat bananas regularly to up my intake of potassium and it seems to go away

x

My mum gets the restless leg this and has to stand up and walk about to sort it out. I never knew what she was on about but now (since about the age of 37) I've been getting it as well. This was long before I joined SW though, but doing so hasn't really made any difference either.
I'm interesting in the potassium theory though, but I hate bananas - what else could I try?

Back