Mikki's slowly but surely we begin diary..

Mikki

Well I've just joined as I finally feel ready to tackle the bulge(s!). Gotta say it's great to have a place to let off steam and track my progress too. It's very inspirational seeing everyone else's progress.
I don't have a very good 'diet' mentality and find that with a strict regime I cheat, forget and via to the bad stuff all too quickly. Therefore I'm starting slowly but surely, with some exercise and cutting back.
I think that when a few pounds start to shift i might be encouraged to make some more drastic changes...we shall see!
Yesterday was my first tatse of exercise for goodnes knows how long and I couldn't make it further than 15 mintues through a cardio video. Tonight I managed 20 minutes and it fel so good to sweat and use my breath! :D I feel really great. I was scared of starting but now I'm so glad I did. Look forward to ranting on here in the days to come. Wish I kniw how to add the ticker though!! :eek:

Hi Mikki

Welcome.. I've only been here a month & its been great for support, encouragement & a kick up the backside when needed!

If you've made a ticker you need to go up to user cp (on the blue bar at the top) & enter the code under edit signature.

Linzi.x

Day three and I've not eaten to badly but I didn't exercise - fell asleep instead! :sigh:
Still, I'm not getting into 'beat msyelf up' mode. Got the rest of the week to allow myself to get into the swing of it. Happy to lose the weight slowly and be good-ish by Christmas.
Just testing my new signature with this post!

Hey Mikki

Welcome and best of luck with your journey! Can I ask what you average day would entail as this might have something to do with your energy?

Bren
X

Hi there Bren - I am currently at home with my 22month old daughter and 3 and a half year old son, which can be wearing at times. I work freelance as a management consultant and we have some serious construction going on at the house, as the back half is being rebuilt. I think the tiredness is due in part to being so unfit but also because my sleeping habits are not good. I need to get to be earlier so I can get through the day with more energy!! Basicallly I need to have a complete overhaul. :eek:
Will defintiely try to get back on the case today.

Hey babe, how's the day been?

As for energy how about a dancing session with your 3 year old in the lounge room. 15 - 20 mins will give you some exercise and doing exercise for one week will be you a boost in this dept.

How exciting a new house, when's it due to be finished.

Also how is today fairing for you?

XX

Mikki - taking it steady is a great start, especially as you're starting to exercise too. Keep up the good work. I'll check back to see your progress - love the ticker.

Hi there Bren and Samantha - thanks so much for dropping in for me. It's lovely to have such morale support from two who are going great guns with their own goals. Fab jobs!! :party0011::)
Funnily enough I just did my cardio dvd with the children in the room and they joined in. You're right though about finding opportune moments in the day to exercise. ;) This I know will be the key for me. I used to study contemporary dance many moons ago, so it feels so good to just get a little movement back having neglected my body for so long! :eek:
Samantha - I love my ticker too, I'm fantasising about being that girl on the beach in a hula skirt.....my alter ego :D .

it could be the 3 of us if were careful!

X

Hi Mikki - how are you coping? Keep up with the dvd and I'm sure the pounds will drop off and you'll soon be the ticker girl. I'm off in the caravan tomorrow, so by the time I return next week you're ticker will have moved. Have a good week.

My ticker has moved - we have lift off!

Hooray. First week is all good. The ticker has moved in the right direction! :)
This second week I've been ill - which has meant not much food intake which might slow my metabolism down and no real exercise. But I'm happy nevertheless. Feeling better this morning so I'm going to ease into it all again.
I hope everyone else is doing well and Samantha, I hope you had a great week away. Your post was very inspiring!!

:wave_cry: Real blow out day today. Started badly as I wieghed myself and it looked like I'd lost another 4 pounds and then I realised I'd moved the machine onto capret and as soon as I put it back where it normally is - I find I've lost half a pound. :eek: Tomorrow is official wiegh in day but I'm going to skip it!! :eek: I think I should focus ahead to a good week next week and see this first fortnight as equivalent to 2lb a week loss - which was my target anyway. This feels better than feeling bad about a washout week. (Aaah the tales we tell ourselves :rolleyes:)

Mikki - well done on your loss. Don't let a small upset spoil the good progress you've already made. Feeling positive about what you're doing is half the battle.

Back