Milk in Tea

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by jacsprat, 1 May 2008 Social URL.

1. jacsprat

jacsprat Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.43%)
    Diet:
    low carb
    I was just wondering how many of us who are on SS have a little teeny weeny bit of milk in our tea/coffee?

I am really going to try and go without for 2 weeks to give myself the best chance but I must admit I find a cup of tea with a little milk really satisfying in a way that black tea just isn't. Its almost like having an extra pack.

Jac

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan
    I hold my hand up! I do too!! Asked my CDC about it, and she said a splash of skimmed wont hurt, so long as it doesnt lead to other "naughty" stuff!

4. carolyn01

carolyn01 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(9.19%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS+/810
    Well I have more than a splash of skimmed milk but not too much. I just cant take black tea or coffee anymore. Maybe that why my weight loss was only 6lb first week but id rather that and have milk.

5. PositiveBetty

PositiveBetty Full Member

Hello...I am on LL and I asked my LLC this question as I feel I really need a decent cup of tea with milk but she said it will knock you out of ketosis. I have to say I have felt a little more hungry since I've been having milk so I'm going to bite the bullett and give it up till the end of Foundation.

6. trinakmh

trinakmh Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I have skimmed milk in my tea!....I drink tea like these no tomorrow,but i cant drink it black...Yuk

7. McGonnagle

McGonnagle Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(18.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I can't stand black coffee or tea - like them really milky, so sadly I've had to give them up while I'm on CD. :sigh:

Luckily, I like Peppermint tea and Green tea so they keep me going when I feel like a hot drink.:)

8. jacsprat

jacsprat Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.43%)
    Diet:
    low carb
    Well I managed to get through today without any milk so I'm really going to try and do without. But if I get desperate its good to know that others are doing fine whilst using milk.

Thanks

Jac

9. Jools

Jools Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I allow myself a cup of tea in the morning with sweetners and milk then I drink water all day.

xx

10. GaynorEm

GaynorEm Proper Little Madam

Diet:
    HealthyEating
    I have skimmed milk in my tea and semi skimmed in my coffee...I refuse to give it up :D I have gone into ketosis drinking milk in my drinks so I will continue to do so unless it starts being a problem.

Gaynor x

11. Caress

Caress Silver Member

Start Weight:
    26st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Diet:
    CD
    I've just moved on to SS+, but for the first 4 months I was on SS. I also can't bear black tea or coffee, I just can't drink it, so I mixed in a little banana shake, added a splash of cold water, mixed it into a thin paste and then added boiling water. It's actually very nice

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.