Milk week?? Or not?!!

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by SweetySuperstar, 26 October 2008 Social URL.

1. SweetySuperstar

SweetySuperstar Full Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    Hello fellow lighterlifers,

I am going into week 11 of the programme tomorrow, however as I joined my group in week 3, the group is going into week 13, which as you will all know is meant to be a low calorie week (rather than VERY low cal) or otherwise known as 'milk week'.

So anyway, I was kinda umming and ahhing as to whether I was actually going to have milk this week as I have heard that it can kick you out of ketosis and some people even gain in this week!!

But I was very surprised today when our LLC said that we didn't actually have to do milk week!! I thought this was an official LL recommendation, you do a milk week every 12 weeks! So is this just my LLC saying it off the record... or are you actually allowed by LL to skip milk week?!

Personally I am not going to do it coz,

1. I havent lost as much weight as I wouldve liked to in foundation so far, so I definitely dont want to put any on!!

2. I think I would find the shakes too heavy and filling if made with milk... I struggle with them made with water at times!!

3. I would really love to have a proper cup of tea with milk... if I do milk week, I will feel completely justified in having it... BUT I don't want to get used to it and then find it hard to give it up come next week!! When I started LL in August it was warm enough that I didn't mind giving up tea but I think in this weather I would find it much harder!

Anyway, sorry for rambling on, but your thoughts and experiences of 'milk week' much appreciated!! xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Hi hon

Its N.I.C.E.'s reccomendation, LL's suggestion.

I did it, for reason number 3. I made a couple of shakes - they were nice with milk, but really, I just used it for my coffee and tea. It was a weeeeee bit hard to go back to it black. Not impossible, but it was so nice. lol

I did not gain - I still lost a pound. Most in my group lost as well, and I don;t know of anyone who lapsed as a result. And I don;t think anyone gained either.

SOme opted not to do it - but I felt it was in my bod's best interest to do it.

Do what feels right for you hon - but remember, its only 1 week and any gain would be minimal.

You still have some weeks to go - and we need to look after the inside of our bods as well as the outside. :)

Good luck pup! :)

KD likes this.
  4. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Hey LS - try milk, and ice and blend - a it cld this time of year I know - but the ice dilutes the milk, the milk makes it creamier in consistancy - similar to a Starbucks Frappucino.

Otherwise yes - can be a bit stodgy when you are not used to i!!

xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.