milk???

hollycat

To infinity and beyond!
Day 1 today and had a black coffee first thing, but so missed milk.
I had a vanilla shake for lunch and saved a bit and used as milk in my coffee, not great, as a bit sludgy at the bottom, but better than black coffee.

Does anybody have any suggestions - I am not a massive coffee drinker, but usually have 3-4 drinks of tea a day. I can't fancy tea black or with shake in.

How do other ppl manage to whiten their drinks within the rules? Are we allowed even a small amound of skimmed milk on TS or is it a complete no no.

Also bought some exante orange water flavouring which again isn't great, but better than plain water, but I don't think a tub will last til next delivery if I use 4 teaspoons full for 2 litres. Any suggestions for alternatives as I am not a big water fan :sigh:

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I use milk in my tea as I normally would..semi skimmed I've never had a problem :)

I still have my coffee/tea with semi skimmed milk, that's one thing I am not skimping on this time, I love my coffee and really helps me to curb my hunger and feels like a treat every time.

Agree with everyone above - I think white tea n coffee makes it so much easier and why make it harder on yourself? This can be tough enough without adding to it!! Milk wont push you over unless you like a milky-coffee... for the few calories that it adds wont make a massive difference but I bet black coffee all day would make a difference to your outlook!! LOL! I also dont buy in to the water flavourings and citric acid free stuff - I rely on the calorie reduction on this diet to do the work and not being part of the ketosis ritual.. this way I can have diet squash, diet coke, chewing gum, sugar free mints/sweets etc - it makes it SUCH a more appealing thing to do. obviously not to everyones taste or outlook but this is certainly what works for me! xx

Thanks for all the advice on milk. I will try and have 2 cups maximum a day and see how I go.

I think there will be morecarbs in the water flavourings I'd be careful about using that much have you checked the carb level on them?

It says on the tub 3.04g carb per 5g. It is exante flavouring and says put 1 teaspoon per 250 ml, but I put half of that (4 teaspoons for 2 litres) more for the fact I was worried the flavouring won't last long than anything else.
Only day 1 for me and find it a bit confusing :sigh:

I have milk in my tea too. It's only a little bit three times a day so it doesn't hurt.

As for the water flavourings, try using half the quantity. When I was on cd I found them a bit strong so this worked fine.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hollycat said:
Thanks for all the advice on milk. I will try and have 2 cups maximum a day and see how I go.

It says on the tub 3.04g carb per 5g. It is exante flavouring and says put 1 teaspoon per 250 ml, but I put half of that (4 teaspoons for 2 litres) more for the fact I was worried the flavouring won't last long than anything else.
Only day 1 for me and find it a bit confusing :sigh:

Forgive me if I am wrong but 1 tsp is 5g so 4 tsp will have 12g carbs in them, that's a lot especially if you are having more than 2 litres
A few of us don't use the water flavourings for this exact reason. I buy Cambridge ones from a Cambridge councillor
Just saying with 12-24g carbs just coming from your water intake a splash of milk is the least of your worries

I have skimmed milk in tea, and not affected weight loss. I don't think i could go without tea and can't stand it black.

Forgive me if I am wrong but 1 tsp is 5g so 4 tsp will have 12g carbs in them, that's a lot especially if you are having more than 2 litres
A few of us don't use the water flavourings for this exact reason. I buy Cambridge ones from a Cambridge councillor
Just saying with 12-24g carbs just coming from your water intake a splash of milk is the least of your worries

Thanks DQ, I totally agree it does seem high amount of carbs, just for a flavouring and I don't want to blow the whole thing for a bit of flavour :(

Are Cambridge counsellors happy to sell the flavourings if you aren't following their diet? If so I might have to look down that route.

Totally agree a bit of milk is nothing in comparision to the carbs in the flavourings. I do feel Exante should make it clear, as there are no warnings on the tub about limiting usage and without this forum I would have carried on using it quite merrily :eek:

Anyway Day 1 nearly done - here's to Day 2 :)

hollycat said:
Thanks DQ, I totally agree it does seem high amount of carbs, just for a flavouring and I don't want to blow the whole thing for a bit of flavour :(

Are Cambridge counsellors happy to sell the flavourings if you aren't following their diet? If so I might have to look down that route.

Totally agree a bit of milk is nothing in comparision to the carbs in the flavourings. I do feel Exante should make it clear, as there are no warnings on the tub about limiting usage and without this forum I would have carried on using it quite merrily :eek:

Anyway Day 1 nearly done - here's to Day 2 :)

Yes I agree completely
Yes I emailed a few Cambridge councillors saying I am on another VLCD but wanted to purchase some cambridge water flavourings and asked if they could help and two emailed back and said yes it was fine

Thanks for the advice I will have to see about contacting a Cambridge counsellor for some flavourings, however will use my flavourings very sparingly in the mean time.
Must say I do feel aggrieved at Exante for not publishing a warning about the high carb content :(

I have milk in my 1-2 teas a day, i don't have a problem :) x

I emailed exante about the water flavourings and high carb content and got the following reply

The carbohydrate content we list is the gross number of Carbs, rather than then net carbohydrates. It is important to understand the difference when comparing products as some products may list the net Carbohydrate values which will appear extremely low in comparison. Gross values will also include carbohydrates in fibre. Some other companies take the carbohydrate value, then minus the carbohydrates in the fibre and then they list what is called 'net carbohydrates' and it appears that they contain virtually no carbohydrates. Our Water flavourings are comparable to most water flavourings on the market. New labelling laws that will be coming into force will make everyone list their gross values so it will be easier for consumers to compare products.

In regards to your consumption of our water flavourings it is fine to replace some of your daily fluid intake with the water flavourings and it shouldn't have any effect on your ketosis levels. Ketosis does vary from person to person so if you are concerned about your ketosis levels then it may be worth you monitoring them, but they will not affect your weight loss.

I hope this has been of some assistance.

Not sure I am any the wiser - lol :confused:

I'm not :/ lol

i'd email back and say "no, it didn't help" LOL

:rotflmao: I might just do that!

I drink probably about 20 cups of tea a day (yes it's an addiction!) I have skimmed milk in it and have had no problem getting into ketosis and losing weight, currently losing about 9lbs a week!

Back