Milk

tinkerblonde

I read that we can have milk with the crispy shakes. Can we have skimmed milk with coffee and tea instead of the shakes or doesn't it work like that?
Thanks.

Yes, you can use the milk in tea / coffee instead of in the shakes / porridge but make sure you don't have the milk in shakes as well as tea etc.

I know what you mean. I've always drunk black tea so I'm ok with that but I can't drink coffee black. I have coffee with milk as my weekend treat knowing that others are having the same amount of milk in their shakes so I'm not cheating :). Just make sure you keep track of how much you have and don't overdo it as milk is quite carby.

Thanks , yes I will keep my own portion of milk in the fridge. I also love the fact that you can have coke zero to. Tea and coke zero make it so much more bearable and will help me focus.

although technically we are not meant to have coke zero are we? Does anyone know the reason for this? I know there's a theory that it can induce hunger ....is this why?

Also, i find with semi skimmed milk i always put twice as much in lol :rolleyes:

I think fizzy pop can induce hunger in some people, so isn't officially recommended. I tried it, I can drink it, in fact it helps curb my cravings! Also I think some people want a complete break from the things they associate with binging/overeating/comfort eating etc. I know a lot of overweigth people would say they are addicted to fizzy diet drinks, myself included!

Most diet drinks contain citric acid which can knock you out of ketosis so a lot of companies just say ' don't drink diet drinks'. Coke zero doesn't have citric acid so not a problem from that point of view. Full of nasty chemicals though!

It is yes , but I agree it stops me wanting other things and stops me raiding the fridge. Fills me up, even if falsely.
When I did lighter life lite, i drank
Diet coke constantly and lost four stone. So I guess it depends really. I will try sticking with the tea and water for now but will have the odd coke zero maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yes, crtic acid doesn't knock everybody out of ketosis so some people can have it without problem. Looks like you may be one of those people!

Thats good then, as its good to drink if ever out with family or friends. Pity coke zero isnt available in pubs.

If it is only for that reason then it opens up a whole world of drinks..... there are some fizzy waters with flavourings that just blow my mind, can't remember which ones now tho but definitely goes down nice in a wine glass on a friday evening :D

However I am on day 1 now and absolutely starving! A coke zero is stopping me from cracking. Well at least tomorrow I wont wake up with a food hangover for the first time in months. :)

I don't use any of the fizzy drinks as I was never a fizzy drink fan and none of them taste like wine anyway ;). I do sometimes have the flavoured waters on a Sat night though. 1 or 2 glasses max per week probably and to be honest as I drink so little of it I don't tend to worry whether they contain citric acid or not.

Back