milk

dani34

Just run out of skimmed milk so out of interest looked at carb value on full fat milk I buy 4 the kids. Skimmed milk was actually higher at 5 whole milk 4.8. Strange how is that does any one know ??? X

not sure about the whole science behind it but when i did atkins you are allowed a lot of fat and protein but very limited carbs and this puts you into ketosis for example, i had a fry up every morning cooked in butter, i could only last a week at a time as the smell of fat turned me so i'm guessing that certain fatty foods don't necessarily have a high carb content and as cheese is high protein and fat, one of those foods allowed on atkins, the full fat milk is probably similar in grams of fat, etc to cheese as its from the dairy family. not sure if i'm right with this one though!

Thanks for your reply so in other words if I run out of skimmed milk I could have full fat?? X

i think maybe you could get away with it if the principles of ketosis apply but try and double check on an atkins website or ask in the atkins forum on minimins just to be on the safe side. i suppose if it's only now and again you might be ok but i wouldnt want to suggest using something that might affect you!! what about getting skimmed powdered milk to keep for emergencies?? then you'll always have a back-up! x

Back