milk!

Discussion in 'Route to Management' started by toller-girl, 16 June 2008 Social URL.

1. toller-girl

toller-girl constantly confused

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.59%)
    Diet:
    was Lighter Life, now Cambridge Diet
    At any point during RTM, can you use semi skimmed instead of skimmed? :confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Alibongo

Alibongo Happily pro pointing!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    No, afraid not.
    It was never a problem for me as I only had skimmed any way and I am fine with it, in fact I can't stand anything remotely creamy near my tea.
    Personally I would either try and get used to it or maybe have semi but only half the amount so as to balance out the cal intake.
    Have you tried soya milk? I found it too creamy for me but DD liked it, especially on jelly.
    Might be worth getting a carton to try.

4. toller-girl

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.59%)
    Diet:
    I've had soya milk before but it was so sweet, it was like drinking syrup.

I'll see if I can get used to it during RTM, but if not I'll switch to semi skimmed afterwards. Can't do too much harm if it's as part of an otherwise healthy diet, can it?

5. Alibongo

Alibongo Happily pro pointing!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    you can get unsweetened soya, not sure what it is like though.
    It is entirely up to you what you do after RTM. Having semi milk as part of a healthy balanced diet would be no problem as long as it is within your daily calorie allowance (or however you intend to carry on post RTM). You can have anything you like as long as you are sensible about. The way I see it is if I have skimmed milk on my cereal instead of semi then I have cals left for raisins too, etc.
    It is just like having £20 to spend in the shop with very limited credit for special purchases. I do plan every day out weekly when I do my shopping so I have a rough idea of what cals I will 'spend' each day and adjust it for weeks when I know I am eating out or going away. I use Food Focus which is pretty good if you plan to count cals.
    I feel quite liberated now. I eat healthily 99% of the time, then if I fancy something I have it. It doesn't do any harm and I enjoy my healthy eating too.

6. toller-girl

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.59%)
    Diet:
    I'll try the unsweetened soya, think I can have that from next week.

I know where I went wrong last time and why the weight went on, so I know what I need to do to avoid it.

I think with my £20, semi skimmed trumps raisins :D

7. mrspnut

mrspnut Full Member

I put semi skimmed in my coffee by mistake the other day and couldn't drink it because it tasted awful. Skimmed is ok but I still can only have a small splash.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.