Miller & Carter - FREE!!!

pudnpie

Silver Member
Miller & Carter have a light option to go with your steak which consists of a boiled potatoes and a tomato and red onion salad with white balsamic cider vinegar. I had it on Saturday with a rump steak. It was lovely and best of all made the meal FREE! It replaces the baked potato/fries, onion loaf and wedge and there is no butter on the steak or on the potatoes and you don't get a sauce. I couldn't see anything on my plate to syn (except the fat on the steak which I didn't eat). I wish I had taken a photo.

That sounds fab! Did you have to ask for the potatos without butter? And did you check there was only vinegar on the salad? I just have to check, cos it sounds too good to be true! Not that there's a Miller & Carter anywhere near me :-(

Re: Miller & Carter - FREE!!!

No I didn't ask for it without butter - it is the way it came though I probably should have but in assumed it wouldn't because the butter which normally comes on the steak is in the description on the original choice but not the light choice . It says it is Aspall vinegar in the menu description - not a dressing . They sell it in Waitrose. I have got some to have it at home. It is sweet and tangy. Had some on a pork steak.

It isn't easy to see it on the menu. It is listed at the bottom of the steak part of the menu, whereas the original choice is at the top. I told the waitress it was a great idea and was it popular but she said it was brand new so didn't know yet.

Oo, that does sound good, well done you for finding that out! I will most certainly be searching out Miller & Carter whenever I'm out and about from now on!

I find M&C really helpful whenever we eat there, they are always more than happy to cook without oil/sauces they always cook the Chicken wings for me plain (no BBQ sauce) so I take the skins off. Couldnt recommend them enough. Id just love to know what their Onion laof would Syn as, its my fav! x

Back