Milliemoo means it this time!

Milliemoo

Where to begin.....I originally got to goal in 2003 for my wedding and managed to maintain until I fell pregnant in 2005. I lost more weight following a truely heartbreaking miscarriage in early 2005, which was strange for me as I am generally an emotional eater so if I was a betting person, I would have backed me to gain weight, not lose.
I gained weight during my next pregnancy though!
Following the birth of my daughter in 2006 I messed around with WW and SW for five years, joining various classes, websites etc. and losing a few pounds (which I then quickly found again, lol.) A low note was definately leaving one group in shame when I found myself at a weigh-in being heavier than when I had joined (surely not the point of a slimming club?! :break_diet:)

In 2010 I did manage to almost to get to goal but, having become a mature student, the stress of working, studying and parenting led me to take solace in the biscuit barrel and during my final year in uni I re-gained a stone.

In January 2011 I fell pregnant with my beautiful son (born in October.) I was quite unwell for most of the latter part of my pregnancy, meaning I didn't gain weight and lost the weight I'd initally put on. This meant after giving birth I weighed what I had done when I first fell pregnant and gave me a massive incentive to stick to the plan properly, as I knew I *only* had about a stone and a half to lose to get to goal.

Having read some of the other weight loss diaries I have been inspired to write my own. I'm hoping that having somewhere to record my thoughts, hopes and struggles will help motivate me to keep on track and remind me on the hard days just how much I really want to crack it this time :)
So, that's me :wave_cry:
I am into my third week now and have so far lost a total of 5.5lbs - I'm going for my silver 7 this week and plan to get there by upping my exercise and sticking religeously to my daily allowance. It's my sisters birthday this week and we are planning on staying in with a takeaway and bottle of wine on Saturday night to celebrate. I'm hoping though to convince her to get the M&S chinese meal for two as this is on for £10 at the mo (includes bottle of wine) and will be much easier to accurately point than a take away.....just need to think of a way to make her think it was actually her idea......:p

Food diary =
Breakfast
WW Apple pie bar (2pp)
Banana (0pp)
Milk (for coffee) (2pp)

Lunch
Fresh Fruit Salad (0pp)
WW yogurt (1pp)

Tea
Pork Loin Steak (7pp)
Egg noodles (6pp)
Mushrooms (0pp)
Fresh lime, chilli (0pp)
and garlic marinade
Medium glass rose wine (4pp)

Total = 22pp

Exercise
Zilch (does housework count :confused:?)

Hi Milliemoo! Well done on your losses so far, I'm sure you'll reach your target this time.

I find my diary is a good way of getting it all out and getting some support from fellow WW'ers.

Good luck and look forward to reading more x

Thanks for your support Jillz. I have enjoyed reading your diary so I'm pleased you find it helpful - hopefully I will find writing mine helpful too. x

Well another day, another wrestling match with my willpower not to inhale a family sized bar of chocolate, lol. My son (who is 3 months) is still waking once to twice through the night to be fed and that coupled with getting up and organised for the school run is leaving me feeling a bit of a zombie! It is soooo tempting to eat sugary, sweet treats and carbs but knowing I had to report to my diary this afternoon kept me on track!

I was determined to do more exercise this week as I have Saturday night planned with my sister and know we will be eating and drinking nice things. I'm hoping that through building up activity pp I will be able to go without dipping into my extra 49pp this week. I MADE myself get the pram out of the car and take the baby for an hours walk. We live half way up a very steep hill so I walked to the top of that (good cardio and resistance training I think!) then walked round the large housing estate at the top and back home again. Not the most scenic of routes but hey ho, needs must and I felt so proud of myself when I got back home :D

Tomorrow I'm meeting a friend for coffee so won't be able to go for a walk but will aim to do half an hour on the wii fit once the kinds are in bed (provided I am still standing....yawn!)

Food diary =
Breakfast

2 weetabix with milk and
chopped banana = 5pp

Lunch

2 egg omlette with Ham = 6pp

Tea

Chicken = 4pp
Lemon crust = 2pp
Salad = 0pp
Salad cream = 1pp

Snacks
Milk for coffee = 2pp
WW apple pie bar = 2pp
Skips = 2pp
Cereal bar = 2pp

Total = 26pp

Activity pp's earned = 3pp

Weekly pp remaining = 49pp :wee:

You're doing great Milliemoo (love your username btw)! I'm sure it's so tempting to eat the chocolate especially when you're tired but you're right... knowing that you are reporting what you eat daily means you're less likely to eat something you don't want to report (does that make sense?)

Good work on the exercise too! :wee:

knowing that you are reporting what you eat daily means you're less likely to eat something you don't want to report (does that make sense?)

Yes, it makes total sense and has totally kept me on track today! My little darling was up no less than 4 times last night to be fed. He must be having a growth spurt and I'm clinging onto the thought that *it is just a stage* haha.

Well a very tired little me got up this morning and resisted the urge to have a huge bowl of DD's chocolate weetabix. Instead I had a cereal bar and a strong coffee. I knew I was going to a friends for lunch and luckily she had bought some fresh tomato soup for us so I didn't blow my points allowance. There was also weight watchers chocolate eclairs (yum, yum) so I felt like I had a lovely lunch without having to feel guilty. We were talking about clothes and I realised how long it has been since I wore jeans. I tried some on a few weeks ago and, as I'm an apple shape, the pairs which fitted nicely on my legs wouldn't fasten on my waist. I've decided that is another goal - to be able to buy a nice pair of skinny jeans before the summer.

I called in on my mum and dad this evening and they had some lovely tempting bars of chocolate to go with my coffee. I was very pleased with myself for just having one of the milky ways my mum keeps in for DD. Honestly, I don't know what has come over me but I am feeling so focussed right now - long may it continue!

As a result of Ds's all night partying I have not had the energy for exercise today, which is disappointing as my aim this week was to do some exercise every day but I'll not beat myself up as I have a good excuse :)

Food Diary =

Breakfast
Cereal bar = 2pp
Milk for coffee = 2pp

Lunch
Fresh tomato soup = 2pp
Bread and spread = 3pp
WW Choc eclair = 2pp

Tea
Pasta = 8pp
Homemade arrabiata sauce = 0pp
WW apple pie bar = 2pp

Snacks
Milky way = 3pp
Grapes = 0pp

Total = 24pp

Total activty pp for week = 3pp
Weekly pp remaining = 49pp :D

Good for you milliemoo on another day in control!

I'm an apple shape too and have the same problem with jeans. I had every and I mean every pair of jeans in the shopping centre on and if they fitted on my waist then they were too loose on my hips and legs or vice versa ... But... In debenhams I tried on Julian MacDonald's skinny jeans and they fit perfectly! Wallis had coated black skinny jeans which fit great too but well... they're not jeans jeans :)

If you have a debs near you it would be worth trying them.

Thanks for the jeans suggestions Jillz - I have a Debs at the local shopping centre so will give it a try.

I've not been able to update my diary for a couple of days as my internet has been playing up but I am happy to report I have stayed pretty much on track.

I have had a really tough week with ds though and his all night antics so I have not fulfilled my aim to exercise every day as I have been shattered :( I did manage to do a swimming class with ds this morning and that was good exercise for my legs and arms, I can really feel it tonight!

I did have a moment of triumph on Saturday however when shopping for an outfit for a friends wedding - I managed to get a dress which made me look skinny! I have nicknamed it 'the miracle', lol. I also survived Saturdays takeaway and wine evening with my sister, though I did blow 39pp out of my weekly allowance :eek: I had hoped to build up activity points and not need to dip into the weeklies but hey ho, it's not the end of th world and I still have 10 weekly pp left which I won't use before my weigh in tomorrow. I'm reeaallly hoping for a pound and a half weight loss to give me my silver 7 but I will be satisfied with any loss really as I know I'll get where I want to be in the end.

Food Diary =

Breakfast
Porridge and milk= 5pp
Milk for coffee = 2pp

Lunch
2 egg omlette = 4pp
Ham = 1pp
Mushrooms =0pp
Cereal bar = 2pp

Tea
Noodles = 4pp
Salmon = 6pp
Broccoli, carrot and mushroom = 0pp
1/2 ww garlic bread = 2pp

Total = 26pp

Total activty pp for week = 3pp
Weekly pp remaining = 10pp :(

Last edited:
Well I lost another pound! I'm very happy with another pound off but I would have loved to have lost another half to get my silver 7 and meet my first goal. Not to worry, I'll get that other half off this week!!!

I ate well today but had chip shop chips for tea - oops! I decided that weigh in night could be a bit of a spluge night and I'll get back on track tomorrow. I only managed to eat about half the chips though before feeling full so at least I didn't scoff the full portion (ha! look at me making excuses and trying to redeem myself!)

Whilst I would love to commit to some daily exercise for this week, I'm a bit loathe to as the last time I did, ds's sleeping through the night went out the window. Instead I'm going to say that I am aiming for exercise three days out of the 7 and anything else is a bonus :)

Thinking toward the week ahead, the only danger I can see is Tapas on Saturday night for a friends birthday. I'm going to save my weeklies for that and have a good look into tapas point values in preparation. x

Well done on your weight loss, that's brilliant. And next week silver 7 for sure. My son was born July last year & I have a 4 year old daughter so I'm sort of in the same boat as you. My boy gets up a million times a night so I find it hard to get motivation to exercise but I'm definitely going to try this week too x

Well done on the loss Milliemoo! I totally get you having the chippy chips tonight. You've a whole week to work that off and you didn't finish them so it was an exercise in self control really!

:)

Hi Milliemoo,
Congratulations on the weight loss so far, you're doing great!

I've read your diary and I totally feel your pain with the sleep deprivation. I have a 4 month old DD who wakes twice a night - and even worse a 2 year old DD who wakes at least twice too :eek: It might not be so bad if they could co-ordinate their waking times :p
I know that 'I'm shattered and actually what I really want for breakfast is chocolate cake' feeling all too well!! ;)

I'm only in week one, but I hope I can do as well as you x

Thanks for all of your encouragement Jillz, AmandaT and Slim-Kat - it keeps me motivated (i.e. on the straight and narrow, lol) to know my diary is being read :D

It's also nice to know I'm not alone in the sleepless nights department. I never appreciated before just how hard it would make sticking to a diet but I have had another good day so I'm powerng through!

DS slept pretty well last night and dh took dd to school so I had a little lie in. Hence, I started the day feeling pretty human today. DS and I had our 'music and movement' group at 10.30am so it was a dash to get ready and out the door. After the group (which is more music than movement given their age so I can't really claim any activity points for it :p) I decided to walk to the shops for some exercise and fresh air. Then, for some stupid reason I decided I would walk up the very, very steep hill home :doh: Well, I thought I was about to meet my maker when I got about a third of the way up! I had to stop a further two times to catch my breath but I knew ds was due a feed and if he woke up I couldn't bare the thought of him screaming whilst I pushed the pram up the hill, so that motivated me to keep going. I was sooooooo chuffed when I reached my front door, partly because it meant the pain would stop (lol) but also because I felt a huge sense of achievement. So that is some activity pp's earned towards Saturday night and 1/3 of my aimed for exercise days achieved!

Food Diary =

Breakfast
Weight watchers apple pie bar = 2pp
Milk for coffee = 2pp

Lunch
2 egg omlette = 4pp
Ham = 1pp
Cereal bar = 2pp

Tea
Chicken = 4pp
Vegetables = 0pp
Mashed potato = 2pp
Gravy = 1pp
Cereal bar = 2pp

Total = 20pp

Total activty pp for week = 4pp :happy036:
Weekly pp remaining = 49pp :D

Sounds like your doing fab!

I know what you mean with waking babies and sugary food! My 2 year old and 9 month old are like a tag team. Shattered!

Will make sure I keep popping back x

Sounds like your doing fab!

I know what you mean with waking babies and sugary food! My 2 year old and 9 month old are like a tag team. Shattered!

Will make sure I keep popping back x

Haha Kimboowee - tag team I like it, I could say the same about my 2.

Millimoo, well done on the exercise points. And staying motivated x

Thanks for your replies everyone.

I couldn't update yesterday as had a very hectic day, but all is still going well here! Ds slept from 8.30pm on Wednesday night until 5.30am yesterday morning so I woke up feeling like a new woman!

As we were up and organised at a decent time I ended up going to the church coffee morning with mil. All of the delicious homemade cakes were calling my name but I resisted and only had a small tuna roll and half a fruit scone!:superwoman: I had taken a cereal bar with me which I also ended up eating so I felt pretty full by the time I went home! I had chicken made with 0pp veg and sweet chilli sauce at 1pp to compensate for my scone and managed another day without using my weeklies, so they (along with my activity pp) are still intact for tomorrow nights tapas.

I'm planning on making some 0pp soup tonight for my lunch tomorrow and I'm going to have fruit salad with a ww yogurt to have a low pp breakfast so I use as few weeklies as possible. I'm going to have a go on the wii fit after ds's next feed as well to rack up some more activity pp:D

Total activty pp for week so far= 4pp
Weekly pp remaining = 49pp :party0011:

OMG today has been so much harder than I was expecting! I have gone from feeling so full of energy this morning to be being so tired I could cry. I have just gotten the kids settled (dd was being a right pain in the bum tonight!) so I'm quickly updating then I'm off to bed.

All I have wanted to do this afternoon is EEEAAAAATTT! I did about 20 mins on the wii fit (at a moderate level of intensity) then after that I was ravenous. I could understand if I'd done a couple of hours, but 20 minutes?! I had a bowl of porridge and some fruit , but all I could think about was bread, biscuits and sweets so I set off to pick dd up from school early,parked the car half an hours walk from school and walked to get her with the pram. She was delighted with the novelty of walking back to the car and I had managed to avoid eating rubbish whilst building up some activity points in the process! That is 2/3 of my aimed for exercise sessions completed now for the week.

Whilst tea was cooking I made a butternut squash, red pepper and carrot soup using a receipe from here so lunch tomorrow is sorted. I've also drank about a litre of water since I came in from the school run and I'm feeling fuller so I'm wondering if I was thirsty earlier and mistaking it for hunger?

Anyway, I'm off in the bath then to bed - sweet dreams everyone!

PP used today = 26pp
Total activity pp gained this week = 8pp
Weekly PP remaining = 49pp :D

Back