miming

chunky-monkey77

i seriously swear i am up 2 no good !
i think cheryl cole should not be allowed to mime esp as the show is all about singing live . think its a disgrace after all look at the agro britney got for miming. Think alexandra burke was amazing and cant wait to see whitney houston

I think a lot of the guest stars mime.
Personally, I think the argument that the contestants have to sing live so she should, is vacuous. She's an established act, and a lot of singers have so much backing that it's difficult to re-create the sound live.
So I'm afraid that I can't join in the call for her to sing live. She's chosen not too. I respect her decision.

I totally get what your saying, but i cant help but like cheryl, i think shes lovley.. so i'l forgive her for not singing live, but as a judge she should be really.. but to be up against whitney, well.. i dont think id even get on the stage!

Alexandra mimed last week. She did a very clever trick of recording a different version and then miming to that. There is no way you can do an energetic routine like she did and sing perfectly straight and in tune.

I guess it is whether you want to watch something evergetic and entertaining or someone sing well. I personally think she could have sung live, with backing dancers behind her and jigged along and been much more impressive.

The problem Cheryl has (and I agree with Fern, I love her!) is that she has too much to lose by singing live. Apparently she is going to do mixture of singing live and miming so we will see what it is like...

I do think she should sing but i cant understand why she is miming it must be very nerve racking for her going solo after being part of a group for so long! I think she will do what alexandra did last week and record a version then mime to that. But whatever is good enough for britney is good enough for chezza!

Cant wait though!! I hope john and edward stay too! Pure genius x

So is she miming then? Last I heard was that she was going to pre-record her bit in the afternoon. That way you can have as any takes as you want. Frankly the last time she sang live, with the rest of the band, she was so out of key it was embarrassing. Please tell me I'm not the only person in the UK who can't stand her? If so I'll need to emigrate :D

Circes I'm with you on that one! I just half watched her on xfactor. I actually don't like the programme either. Oh has it on and I'm on here! I thought her singing was awful! How Simon can slate some acts and say she was fabulous is beyond me!
Sorry all you cc fans out there. Not everyone can love her!

I think Cheryl Cole is fab!. It took guts to get up there with her being a judge and i thought she pulled it off !

Circes I'm with you on that one! I just half watched her on xfactor. I actually don't like the programme either. Oh has it on and I'm on here! I thought her singing was awful! How Simon can slate some acts and say she was fabulous is beyond me!
Sorry all you cc fans out there. Not everyone can love her!

I'm not her biggest fan but I cant agree that her singing was awful. I really thought she put on a great performance.
As for Whitney, well she was good at singing but didnt really appear to be 'with it' when talking to Dermott.

I am a big Cheryl fan but I wasn't expecting much...however I thought she was ace!! I think she did well, she clearly sang live and danced a bit. And although far too skinny she looked awesome!!

I like cheryl, but was unimpressed with her singing.

Liked the routine though, and the outfit :D

As for Whitney, well she was good at singing but didnt really appear to be 'with it' when talking to Dermott.

DH and I said the same. She appeared to be well away didn't she. She was sweating well. Couldn't work out whether she couldn't speak coherently because she was out of breath, ill, or on something :confused:

I havent watched tonights yet (always watch my progs after online) but I too cannot stand Cheryl, ok so she seems like a nice person on XFactor, and I used to like her when she started in Girls Aloud but then she turned so slutty looking and so up herself that I cant stand her, she also used to be attractive, but her persona is so unattractive now

Back