MiM's & flaxseed recipes

I just made my first one and not too keen, I think I have done something wrong :cry: it tastes very egg whitey so I probably didn't mix it up properly plus it overflowed inside the microwave, it seems to be cooked on the top and not the bottom, it's.........eeerrrr.........OK, I didn't put any Splenda or cinnamon in as I wanted a bit of bread to go with my fish chowder.

Any tips please? :wave_cry:

I use a big mug - eggy taste can be gotten rid of by adding flavourings - and sometime bottom is soggy so just tip it out and put it back in mug the other way and zap for another 15 secs

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I use a big mug - eggy taste can be gotten rid of by adding flavourings - and sometime bottom is soggy so just tip it out and put it back in mug the other way and zap for another 15 secs

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you for that tip, I will tip it back in next time and zap as you say, also I may need a bigger coffee mug. I mean it wasn't terrible and I did eat it and it DID have the texture of bread which I really have been missing, so I will persevere, I will make the one today with Splenda and cinnamon and have a bit of cake. :D

I made my first mim today. It was a choco one, absolutely delish!!I doubled the recipe and made a little loaf in the oven, i suppose it's called a MIO lol going to have some with a splash of cream later. i'd post a pic if it would let me.

Oh my god. These things are a.maz.ing!!!!! Whoever came up with this should be knighted:)

pic of choco mim loaf

i worked out how to post the pic!

Attachments

• IMG_3977.jpg
    IMG_3977.jpg
    504.6 KB · Views: 134
Nom nom :D

Agree - i thinks Mims in the oven taste much better:D

Agree - i thinks Mims in the oven taste much better:D

Oh is there a recipe on the sticky for this?

I bought one of those silicone loaf tins from Poundland and was thinking of making a MiM's loaf of bread today??? What do you think?

Does it cook better in the oven than the microwave?

Definitely - we always do flax bread in oven.

Definitely - we always do flax bread in oven.

Thanks Katie I have just copied and pasted A LOAD of the recipes off here and am off to the library to print them.

I did make the MiM yesterday with cinnamon and splenda and it was really really nice spread with butter. I am going to make the loaf today and have a "sandwich" - thank God for flaxseed as last time I cracked on Atkins it was over bread!! There was a subsitute with cottage cheese I think it was and it was VILE!!!!

I love the recipes here too for flaxseed crackers, they will be nice with a bit of cheese, olives and salami. :D

Flax pizza topped with babble and 1tbsp ketchup :)

image-1418018881.jpg

Bit rough round the edges but tasty all the same!!

7g carbs

Silvermoonbeam said:
babble??? :cry:

Lol ketchup!!! Damn you auto correct!!

erin87 said:
Lol ketchup!!! Damn you auto correct!!

No I mean babybel!

Back