MiM's & flaxseed recipes

Hi just wondering if I bought the right stuff. I tried making pancakes as per recipe on this thread and they were yuk . I bought linwoods milled organic flaxseed from holland & barret and the mixture before cooking was very lumpy. the pancakes didn't rise and even although I cooked them well until dark brown the were still uncooked in the middle. I may either have the wrong stuff or didn't cook them right ? (note I used baking powder) any idea where I went wrong ?

Did you try part-cooking them in the microwave? you may need to do that as Mims are generally done in the microwave x

Hi all
just made my first mim and I love them and so does my hubby!! :)
I used asdas alternative to splenda, same carbs, but dont know if its as sweet. Used a tsp and half will up it for mine next time.
Hubby ate his sliced with peanut butter.
Thank you fellow mim lovers

You've gotta try it as bread too... brie & bacon flaxseed sandwiches are my absolute favourite!

Blinking Tesco have stopped selling the Prewetts Ground Flaxseed that I have been using, has anybody seen it anywhere else? Don't want to have to grind my own cos that would mean buying a coffee grinder. I might have to buy it direct cos not found it anywhere else so far :(

Yes thats true hun. I might have to be tempted soon. Just doing so well, dont want to change things

"Blinking Tesco have stopped selling the Prewetts Ground Flaxseed that I have been using, has anybody seen it anywhere else?"

I bought it from holland and barrett think it was about £5, so not cheap.

Hell Fire dizzydelly - it must be a bigger size cos Tesco were only charging £1.69. Can buy it direct for about £1.75 - might have to order a case or 2.

Blinking Tesco have stopped selling the Prewetts Ground Flaxseed that I have been using, has anybody seen it anywhere else? Don't want to have to grind my own cos that would mean buying a coffee grinder. I might have to buy it direct cos not found it anywhere else so far :(

Hi, I get mine from Sainsbury's £2.79 a bag.

MiM Virgin

Hi all,

I've just had my first ever MiM (munching it as I type actually)

Never in a million years did I think this 'crazy' idea would work. My brain thinks it's just had proper bread and the MiM is sooooo tasty (marmite and butter for me)

I did Atkins years ago and have just come back to it in desperation. I can carry on with the regime for ever now that I have :bliss::bliss:the MiM's

Whoever invented them - hail to you!!!

Just found this recipie and tweaked it a lil (only made 1/2). YUMMY!!! is all i have to say.

I added 20g of cocca powder to the mix 1nc, and 10g of desicated cocconut 1nc. I also substitued half the water with cream 1nc. The mixture nicely fitted my muffin tinx6. Just this second scoffed 2 still slightly warm, nom nom.

1c Almond meal (ground almonds)
1c Flax meal (ground flax seed)
2tsp baking powder
2tsp cinnamon
1/3c Splenda

4 eggs beaten
1/4c butter melted
1/3 c water

Mix dry ingredients together in one bowl.Mix wet ingredients together in another bowl and then add both together. Fill 12 (greased or sprayed with Pam) muffin tins and top each with a couple of raspberries. Bake at 350 for 18 mins

Per muffin
174 Cal
14gr fat
2.4 net carbs (fibre was 4.14g)
6.2 gr protein
You can do all the usual variations - pumpkin, savory etc. They taste good and look like a real muffin. Only problem is I want to go have a few more. But I WONT!!

Last edited:
Has anyne got the recipe for the MIM's in grams rather than cups, or am i being a bit thick??!!! Is a cup the same as a normal mug??!!
I'm desparate to try these MIMs!!

Back