MiM's & flaxseed recipes

has anyone used the Atkins Advantage Whole Grain Bread mix for mims? just didn't like the taste of linseed and am wondering whether i can use the above instead.
!BvQyirQ!mk~$(KGrHqV,!hkEv1+0GBZ+BMD1NH!Q8Q~~_35.JPG

Have just made my first MIM, oh my god! Heaven! Really didn't think I was going to like it, but I love it! You ever thought this up should be awarded a medal!

I popped my MiM cherry last night! :D
Delish, aren't they! :)

Oh yes I agree the MIM does deserve a thread of its own.With flashing lights too.
Even though I havent started my Atkins diet yet. Monday is the day.I decided to see what all the fuss was about.
I mixed all the ingriedients up in a small mug.Then though it might be too small so tipped the into one of the large shallow cappucino cups(small bowl size) and wow amazing 1 min in the micro and voila a muffin,well it looked just likea bun.Would be a great sape for a burger or two.
So thank you for sharing this great tread.
Its hard to believe its lowcarb as it tastes so good.
Cathy

Does anyone have a flax bicsuit recipe (not a cheesy savoury bisucuit), but one you'd expect to have witha brew?

Again from Atkins forum

This is a cookie recipe made by Vicky (Golden Brown).... I just created this and it is my own version but it can always be modified to suit yourself. This is also induction friendly.

Also this is not for the weak willed so if you can't trust yourself to eat the whole lot then don't make them.

Ingredients:

- 80g Golden Flaxseed well ground (resemblances flour - I grind my own)

- 30g Butter

- 6 tsp of splenda (level or 5g each)

- 1/4 tsp Bread Soda (Bicarbonate of Soda)Baking soda

Ground the golden flaxseed until very fine, add sweetner and bicarbonate of soda, mix. Melt butter slightly until very soft, add dry ingredients and mix well. Take a large piece of cling film and place dough like mixture on top of clingfilm and then close sides. Start rolling this until you get a sausage shape about 8 inches long. Place in fridge for one hour.

Once cooled take out and cut into 10 pieces. Place each piece on baking sheet and push down with spoon/finger to give you a biscuit shape (1/4 inch thick). Bake in a heated oven, middle shelf for 10 minutes until golden brown on 170c or 350degrees. If cookie is too brown when reduce heat.

Once baked place on a cooling rack until cool then place in a sealed container with greasproof paper in the fridge.

Each cookie is 62 calories and is 0.15nc. Fat 8.9% and cholesterol 2%.

Hope you like them.

Will this do?

That's perfect thank you, I couldn't originally see it in the thread. I will give them a go later

really easy crackers
make a mim I omitted spenda and cinnamon and added a pinch off salt.
When cold cut into slices about 1/4 inch thick put on baking tray in the oven at 160c for about 20 - 30 mins turning occassionally until dried out ( a bit like making biscotti) leave to cool on cooling rack.
Variations add sesame seeds or pumpkin seeds,parmesan cheese and garlic powder.
I work out the basic recipe without splenda & cinnamon to be 1.73nc
and that makes approx 5 crackers.
I usually put mine in the oven when cooking something else.
great with cheese or pate.

no longer a MiM virgin wow really surprised will stay with basic one till two weeks induction is done then can start experimenting

Has anyone ever toasted one?

Yes, sliced thinly and then toasted (under grill rather than in a toaster) and used them with pate - yummy!

Just had a toasted one with ham cheese and spring onion. Totally delish :)

Really want to try these now! Will need to order myself a coffee grinder. Could I blend them, or would that be too much like hassle?! lol!

Ok, so I really wanted to try one, so I got the blender out. Didnt expect it to work very well, but it worked a treat! :)

I made mine without the butter/oil or sugar because i wanted to flatten it out and use it as a pizza base.

Tasted slightly strange compared to a regular pizza base, but it was proper tasty. I'm sold!

Tomorrow shall be a toastie or a muffin...the decisions!

Really want to try these now! Will need to order myself a coffee grinder. Could I blend them, or would that be too much like hassle?! lol!

Or just buy the bags of flaxmeal (no need to grind it). I buy mine from Sainsburys, but some people have found it ion Tesco's too

I like a plain mim, not splenda. Sliced, toasted with peanut butter & grilled cheese or butter, marmite & cheese :D

Oooh, I'm making myself hungry!

OMG I can't wait to try a MiM - worked out I'm eating about 16 carbs a day so there is room in there for a little one :)

Susie

Back