MiM's & flaxseed recipes

Or just buy the bags of flaxmeal (no need to grind it). I buy mine from Sainsburys, but some people have found it ion Tesco's too

Yeah, I might just do that next time. Although, there was a certain feeling of accomplishement when I ground it myself! lol!

I got unground linseed from Holland and Barrett today, £3.09 for 500g. I did originally buy the ground bag (£4.99) but noticed it has 1.9 carbs, whereas (strangely) the unground stuff is 0.7...go figure :)

Susie

Call me crazy, but I'm thinking I might make one with just the flax, baking powder and egg and adding DaVinci sugar free vanilla syrup.

Do you think that would be nice? maybe with some cream cheese on top?

It was tasty. I have some chocolate protein shake mixes, so I added a couple of teaspoons of the powder to it aswell, and a couple of squares of sugar free chocolate to the middle so it was full of melted chocolate in the middle! Really tasty, and I work it out at being around 4 carbs max. Bonus :)

hi everyone,

i've made the MiM with cocoa two or three times now and everytime the white's cook so at the bottom there are bits of egg which look like a fried egg.

Am I not mixing it well enough. I mixed for longer yesterday. Any suggestions?

Thanks

hi everyone,

i've made the MiM with cocoa two or three times now and everytime the white's cook so at the bottom there are bits of egg which look like a fried egg.

Am I not mixing it well enough. I mixed for longer yesterday. Any suggestions?

Thanks

What else are you putting in it? I make mine with 1/4 cup flax, 1 egg, baking powder, cocoa and either a splash of davinci's or some water and a tiny bit of vanilla essence. i just mix mine with the spoon i used for the baking powder and crack the egg right into the dry mix.

Nothing fancy going on with my mim's, but i've never had egg on the bottom, so just wondered if maybe you're adding things different from me?

Are u putting the egg in last or first? I put mine in last if that helps.

Egg at the bottom?

Profuse apologies if this is a dumb question, but you are using flaxmeal (ground seeds) aren't you, and not just the seeds as they are?

Other than that, I'd suggest just mixing it more as I've never had that problem. :)

Try mixing all the dry ingredients together first before adding the egg.. x

Thanks for the replies guys.

Clairecat- i use 1.4 cup linseed, baking powder, splenda, cocoa, 2 teaspoons cream, one egg

Setanti - no need to apologise, no offence taken. I bought whole linseed which my mum ground for me in a nifty blender she has.

Quak- i think i need to add some water and mix it a lot more. My arm definitely wasn't aching! :)

I'm not going to try it for a few days though, had an effect on me today and had to nip to the loo a few times :)

Thanks for the advice

I'm not going to try it for a few days though, had an effect on me today and had to nip to the loo a few times :)

That might have been the sweetener and not the flax. I had that problem before and had posted about it, but it was definitly the sweetener for me.

Hope you're feeling ok now tho :)

I add a bit of water - the standard recipe came out a bit chunky the first time I tried.

I also used my fab thunderstick to mix up and as a result my second attempt was a lot more edible :)

Susie x

Cant wait to try a MIM :) just been and purchased all the ingredients...plus i have cocoa at home, may attempt one after dinner! Just one question (sorry if its been asked before!) how much splenda is 'a packet'? Thanks in advance

So I made my first MIM and altho it was not as bad as I thought I'm not sure I'm 100% yet, going to kept trying tho...it's fun to experiment :) I think my palate needs stronger flavours so going for a savoury garlic one next. Thanks again to all those posters for the recipes!

I'm going to try my first sweet mim tonight. This better work because Steve is having one too. He like the plain ones.
I've got Green & Blacks cocoa powder & thought I would add ginger to it. I notice you all seem to add water or cream to the mixture to loosen it, so I will try that.
We are haven't them with extra thick double cream & a few rasberries :D

So I made my first MIM and altho it was not as bad as I thought I'm not sure I'm 100% yet, going to kept trying tho...it's fun to experiment :) I think my palate needs stronger flavours so going for a savoury garlic one next. Thanks again to all those posters for the recipes!

try adding chilli flakes nice with cheese

Back