MiM's & flaxseed recipes

My chocolate mims were a disaster!! Lol. One wasn't too bad, not sweet just coco-ish :( I will try again though

my latest effort - biscuits for cheese (or pate)
ground flaxmeal (about 40g)
1 tbsp oatbran (prob only in maint)
herbs to your liking
fresh ground pepper and salt
1 egg
tbsp olive oil
give it a good mix and spread on some baking parchment
gas 5 - about 25 mins
gas 4 - another 5 or so mins
cool and eat with butter and cheese

Flaxseed porridge

3 tablespoon of ground flax seed
Add a good tsp of cinnamon and then hot boiled water (about 1/4 cup) until it becomes a bit stiff like porridge - but not too much as it goes a bit slimy.

Top with real cream.

Further to Quak's post, I make induction-friendly flaxseed crackers for pate with just ground flaxseed, water, and salt/pepper. Spread out as above and just bake the bejaysus out of them in the microwave until no more water is left. Simples!

Further to Quak's post, I make induction-friendly flaxseed crackers for pate with just ground flaxseed, water, and salt/pepper. Spread out as above and just bake the bejaysus out of them in the microwave until no more water is left. Simples!

Hmmmmm go on, make mine look complicated lol
Bren xx

Flaxseed porridge

Add a good tsp of cinnamon and then hot boiled water (about 1/4 cup) until it becomes a bit stiff like porridge - but not too much as it goes a bit slimy.

Top with real cream.

Has anyone made this? I tried it at the weekend and not sure it came out quite right .... even with cream ladled over it still couldn't eat it. Has anyone else had a go with more success?

Not tried yet but I do intend to do so at some point. Will let you know how I get on.

Tonight I made a coconut mim
30g ground flaxmeal
20g dessicated coconut (unsweetened)
2 tsp splenda
1/3 tsp baking powder
1 egg
tablespoon of double cream

mixed all together well and microwaved for 2 mins, poured some cream over while still warm and stuffed my face with it lol - might need some tweaking but it hit the spot it needed to.

Not tried yet but I do intend to do so at some point. Will let you know how I get on.

Tonight I made a coconut mim
30g ground flaxmeal
20g dessicated coconut (unsweetened)
2 tsp splenda
1/3 tsp baking powder
1 egg
tablespoon of double cream

mixed all together well and microwaved for 2 mins, poured some cream over while still warm and stuffed my face with it lol - might need some tweaking but it hit the spot it needed to.

Do you think a mim would work with coconut flour? hmm.... I shall perhaps try this tomorrow and report back!

Sorry if i was thinking out loud!

Just made Bren's flaxseed crackers - very nice, made 10 and i'm going to scoff the lot :)

I left out the oatbran and forgot the olive oil - but still v nice

Susie

Do you think a mim would work with coconut flour? hmm.... I shall perhaps try this tomorrow and report back!

Sorry if i was thinking out loud!

I am sure somebody has posted recently about making mims with coconut flour - think it was mixed with flaxmeal too - will see if I can find it.
Bren xx

edited - lolololol it was one of your posts :D :D

Last edited:
I am sure somebody has posted recently about making mims with coconut flour - think it was mixed with flaxmeal too - will see if I can find it.
Bren xx

edited - lolololol it was one of your posts :D :D

lol! Yeah, but never tried to microwave one...might try it later on after dinner and see if its a disaster or not!

Flaxseed porridge

Top with real cream.

Made it - enjoyed it - will definitely do it again :D
although my recipe was slightly different, 40g flaxmeal, no cinnamon, 2tsp splenda and water to mix, but I did top it with cream.

this morning for breakfast:
dry fried some bacon piesces with red onion and mushrooms, meanwhile mixed 2 eggs, 2spoons cream, 1/4 cup flax, pinch mustard powder and then poured the mix into the bacon. let it cook underneath, then sprinkled with cheese and put under the grill'
there was plenty for 2 of us.

it was ok, a bit sort of slimy in texture though, needs refining. but very satisfing, still don't feel hungry yet!

Back