Mince frittata:
Half a pack of lean mince (about 250g)
1 small onion sliced
1 red chilli finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
Paprika, cayenne, cinnamon & black pepper
Dollop quark
2 eggs lightly beaten

Fried off the mince onion chilli & garlic until the mince is browned and the vegetables are softened, add in the spices to taste.

Take off the heat and stir in the quark till it’s melted in and everything is well coated.

Mix in the eggs and pour into a 20cm round cake tin & flatten out.

Bake at about gas 6 for 20 – 25 minutes.

Allow to cool and wrap in foil.

I lined the tin with baking paper to help it come out a bit easier which I think was a good idea. I imagine this would be quite nice straight out of the oven too, but it was delicious cold too and made a nice change for lunch.

Delicious, and filling, and easy to transport. I imagine this would also be nice warm straight out of the oven.

Technically there's probably too much onion in it for a PP day, but you could add in other vegetables for a PV day - maybe some peppers/mushrooms & you can vary the spices too according to taste.

Sounds like a lovely recipe. I'm new to this site and to the Dukan regime too. Just feeling my feet at the moment but will be dipping into this board for ideas. Think I'll make the frittata for tea tonight.

Alison

Sounds like a lovely recipe. I'm new to this site and to the Dukan regime too. Just feeling my feet at the moment but will be dipping into this board for ideas. Think I'll make the frittata for tea tonight.

Alison

If you use it during Attack, Ali, be sure to only put in a very tiny amount of onion for flavouring as your meals need to be as pure protein as poss.

I'll be making this myself next week for my Pure Protein day and will doing the same thing.

Thanks for the advice. How much onion would you say is okay? This bit confuses me but then again I'm easily confused ;)

X

I always try to think of it as a seasoning - so use just enough to add a little flavour. Personally, I'd probably use about a quarter of a small onion - I'd need to see the amount to judge properly, though.

Try and use as little as you can.

I'd forgotten this recipe... looks delicious! Will try!

It is - and very filling. I always used to think that Emmma wasn't eating enough when she kept putting down only half one of these for a meal. However, I could only manage to eat 3/4 of one before I had to admit defeat and save the rest for later!

Been thinking about varying this recipe a bit actually for a change as it's become a bit of a staple, it would work with chicken or fish (smoked or non) instead of mince and you could vary the spices or add herbs instead. It does tend to stick quite easily so baking paper highly recommended, or silicone even better.

If anyone tries any variations do let me know, I'd love to hear them.

Mmmmm thanks for this one. Am definitely going to try this as i do struggle for things to take in to work for lunch.

Update: made this again yesterday for my lunch today with turkey strips and herbs (thyme, oregano & sage) and it was just as nice. Left out the chilli and spices so there wasn't that heat but it made a lovely change.

I presume you eat this cold at work, Emma? It's the eggs which put me off trying this recipe because I already eat so many!

I ate some more of the chicken mince and beef mince meat loaves I made last weekend, and definitely prefer both cold! (And beef mince is nicer too, I think!)

Sorry, missed this for a while. Yes it's lovely cold. I am potentially eating too many eggs, so going to try and just make one of these a week I think.

I have one in the oven made into a meat loaf with the boiled eggs in the middle (idea from the book). I think I am starting to look like an oeuf :) I will try and make it last for a few days :)

I'd love to see a picture of how this should look before I try making it myself :)

Am I right in thinking it's similar to the crustless quiche's that people on here make? x

does it taste quiche like?...hmm might be one to give a go to...but so hooked on meatloaf...hence all my mince goes into that :) (mind you I do only make a 1lb meatloaf - not the 2.5lb in the book)...so could use an extra pack on this frittata) x

I've never put mince in a quiche!

Hey Emms... perhaps you don't eat eggs for breakfast, lunch, snacks and tea like me ;) (Only kidding very slightly! It's scarey sometimes how many I get through!!)... hence my seeking egg free recipes rather... but I do so love eggs..;

have you tried the frittata Jo?.... I've never mixed mince with eggs in any way before :) want someone else to tell me what it's like before I give it a go...the texture concerns me, smooth but firm eggs and then chewing/bitty mince? :s x

No I haven't tried it. I would think that it's more a mince thing... with some eggs binding it together. I know that my American friend, when I told her about my weird diet comprising a galette which I described, likened it to a "frittata" so perhaps it's a generic word for omelettey type things...

How about you try a small one person one

Back