Mince?? Help

cassyfran

Help me please!! I'm on day one of an attack re start and I've been at work all day and forgot to get anything out for tea!! All I've got meat wise in the fridge is beef mince? Any one any ideas what i can cook with it?
Many thanks

Hi Cassy,

if you're sure it's extra lean mince (less than 5% fat) then make it into meatloaf or burgers by seasoning well and adding one small chopped onion (or less), and maybe an egg to bind (meatloaf). The bake the loaf or the burgers in the oven.
Alternatively, just fry mince and then break an egg on top and leave to set at low temp.

You don't say if this is just for you or for a family meal so you may have to vary accordingly. If the mince is not low fat then feed it to the family and have an omelette instead!

Do you have a microwave? That's usually good for emergency defrosting!

Hi Anja thanks for replying!! Yes it's just for me, might just have an omelette instead! Yes have a microwave- might defrost some chicken! Good idea.
Saw a recipe for mince meat fritatta- looks interesting!

Hi Anja thanks for replying!! Yes it's just for me, might just have an omelette instead! Yes have a microwave- might defrost some chicken! Good idea.
Saw a recipe for mince meat fritatta- looks interesting!

Yes exactly that kind of thing. Experiment! Eggs are a very versatile ingredient... Tonight I 'fried' a yellow pepper (I know you're on attack sorry about the ref to veg!), added some prawns, seasoned with paprika and then poured a beaten egg in a gap I made the middle. Put a lid on and leave to set on a low flame. Kind of like an omelette but a bit different...

Also on PP days I have either cottage cheese or fromage frais with everything that is to 'dry' fro my tastes. You're allowed to use herbs to make a nice sauce...

Ok, have steered clear of the mince as it isn't low fat, just normal, will have to have omelette instead and have got some chicken breasts out for tomorrow so sorted now xx thankyou

I just made a chilli out of my lean steak mince!

I second the burger suggestion though :) You can add a little garlic and herbs too for extra seasoning.

Just out of interest how
Long have u been doing Dukan and how
Much have u lost?

Cassy - sounds like you're askimg me that question. The figures (how much, how long) can be divined out of my profile and my signature: I did the attack and cruise last summer (end June to end Sept10), took me about three months to lose 2 stone / 12 kg. then did 4 months conso till Jan11 and now I'm maintaining on Stabilisation... But really I'm still doing what I call 'relaxed conso' and I can see this will probably have to be FOR EVER....

Back