mince recipes

Tracy831

HERE I GO AGAIN !!!!!!!
hi am looking for some new mince recipes that i can use to cook family meals.
any ideas would be welcome !
thanks

The other day i added mushrooms and onion and then used a beef strogonoff packet mix....was awesome!!! Used a HEA choice on the milk and 3.5 syns for half the pack!!!

x

I make diet coke chicken with mince. Bulk it out with chopped carrots, green pepper and sweetcorn. Serve it over rice or jackets. I really like it that way and it seems to go farther than the chicken does!

You can make Eastern European "golubtsy" by boiling a whole white cabbage and carefully separating the leaves, then wrapping them around a mixture of raw mince (half pork, half beef is best but it works with just one kind two), cooked rice, diced onion, garlic and whatever herbs/spices you like. The golubtsy are then be simmered in enough stock, tomato paste and traditionally a little soured cream (maybe fromage frais instead) to cover them completely, for around 40 mins. They are not the most elegant things- more like comfort food, I suppose, but I always eat them in Ukraine and I love them! :)

Hi,

I am not usually a fan of mince (bad memories of mince & tatties from when i was a child!) but i have come to love it when instead of a gravy, i cook it with soy sauce. I fry it with some peppers, mushrooms and leeks(not a fan of onions :) ) and pour in some light or dark soy sauce. I add some chilli and garlic and its lovely. I usually have it with some new potatoes that i have roasted.

Nemesis82 said:
Hi,

I am not usually a fan of mince (bad memories of mince & tatties from when i was a child!) but i have come to love it when instead of a gravy, i cook it with soy sauce. I fry it with some peppers, mushrooms and leeks(not a fan of onions :) ) and pour in some light or dark soy sauce. I add some chilli and garlic and its lovely. I usually have it with some new potatoes that i have roasted.

Hmmmmm sounds interesting! I'll have to try that!

Back