1 tsp mixed spice
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
500ml Pasatta
250ml water
75g red lentils
Cup of peas
3tbsp fat free natural yogurt

Fry cumin seeds for 20 seconds, add onion and pepper and fry until softened. Add mushrooms, garlic and ginger and cook for further 5 mins.
Add remaining spices and cook for another few mins. Add mince and brown.
Stir in lentil, pasatta and water - cook for 15 mins.
Stir in peas cooking for 5 more mins. Stir through yogurt and serve.

It has quite a few spices etc but it really is worth it honest. Such a depth of flavour :)

Attachments

• image-1140764954.jpg
    image-1140764954.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
sounds lovely, going to try this this week - thanks for sharing! xx

That looks lovely and so easy to do. Just need to get some turmeric and mushrooms and I'm all set. Guess what we are having for tea tomorrow :)

It's cooking as I type. I didn't get the mushrooms though. I found some turmeric lurking at the back of my cupboard so didn't really need to go out. The only other slight change is that I've run out of peas so had to substitute some diced mixed veg. It smells divine :D

Best get the rice on x

jane123 said:
It's cooking as I type. I didn't get the mushrooms though. I found some turmeric lurking at the back of my cupboard so didn't really need to go out. The only other slight change is that I've run out of peas so had to substitute some diced mixed veg. It smells divine :D

Best get the rice on x

I very rarely stick with a recipe anyway lol.... I'm a but if this and that cook :)
Hope it turned out ok x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It was really tasty loopeylou. I've written it in my book for future reference :) x

This sounds yummy as I usually make bolognaise or chilli from my mince, this looks sooo tasty. Will make it Thursday and report back then

Thanks for the recipe

Fairymary said:
This sounds yummy as I usually make bolognaise or chilli from my mince, this looks sooo tasty. Will make it Thursday and report back then

Thanks for the recipe

Hope you enjoy, I'm still on leftovers as made a big batch. It's great re-heated :)

Hi claire,

Only getting around now to posting about the Minced beef and lentil kheema. Had it Thursday and it was delicious, I had some left over so ate it for lunch on Friday at work and was handing out the recipe to loads of people here - actually it was too much of a hit as I had hardly anything left after everyone sampled it :)

thanks a million for sharing your recipe

FMxx

Fairymary said:
Hi claire,

Only getting around now to posting about the Minced beef and lentil kheema. Had it Thursday and it was delicious, I had some left over so ate it for lunch on Friday at work and was handing out the recipe to loads of people here - actually it was too much of a hit as I had hardly anything left after everyone sampled it :)

thanks a million for sharing your recipe

FMxx

Thank you, so glad you enjoyed it. It's a difficult flavour combination to explain to someone other than "delicious" lol
Xx

Back