mindless eating

katsmad64

Do some of you feel you eat just cause lots of foods are free ? Also do you think you can eat lots & still have a good weight loss. I have been doing ok but if I want to speed up the weight loss should I cut down the amount or wouldn't it make any difference ? Just a bit confusing

Hi,

It's my third week and I have the EXACT same question as I lost in the first two weeks, ate quite a bit more last week (all free) & put on 1.5lbs!

I'm wondering if things like fat free yogurts (syn free of course) should actually be eaten in moderation instead of being eaten in bulk simply because they're free & cure my junk craving (not that I do that of course :)

Let's hope somebody can help us.......

My own experience is that even though the first week I did sw I ate a lot, it was only because I was conscious or what Im putting in my mouth and writing it down or just keeping taps on it that I realized how much I was eating. Before I ate the same amount of more of much higher fat and kcalories contents.
I was 2 stones above the top weight within a healthy weight according to my BMI calculations and I lost 5.5lbs. I'm not normally someone with fast metabolism.
I think when you first start it, you get times when you really want to test it to the limit because maybe a part of you still doesnt believe you can really eat what you eat and still lose weight. Only sticking to the plan to the letter and giving it total commitment for at least 2 weeks will make you lay those doubts to rest.
Mean while, look at articles or blogs of successful members.
ALso, there is the psychological aspect..when you're told eat as much as you want... you first start eating more than your real appetite just to test the theory but within days or a week you start eating more sensibly to your appetite. ofcourse there will be time when you feel like a munch monster but overall this will level out a it.
I would say, if its either a binge or free food then definetly eat free food. with time, hopefully you'll learn to eat according to hunger but for now pick free food. Even better, if you can eat superfree food. good luck. It really works!!

Hi,

It's my third week and I have the EXACT same question as I lost in the first two weeks, ate quite a bit more last week (all free) & put on 1.5lbs!

I'm wondering if things like fat free yogurts (syn free of course) should actually be eaten in moderation instead of being eaten in bulk simply because they're free & cure my junk craving (not that I do that of course :)

Let's hope somebody can help us.......

You can eat as much yoghurt as you want as long as you only eat until you're full. That really is the key with Slimming World and most other healthy eating plans. If you're eating 4 yoghurts in one sitting because you have a craving and not because you're hungry then you're eating for the sake of it. I don't know about you but that's how I ended up so overweight in the first place!

You can eat as much yoghurt s you want as long as you only eat until you're full. That really is the key with Slimming Wjorld and most other healthy eating plans. If you're eating 4 yoghurts in one sitting because you have a craving and not because you're hungry then you're eating for the sake of it. I don't know about you but that's how I ended up so overweight in the first place!

Very good point ! So as long as you stop eating when you feel full then your doing it right. Agree about eating lots when not really hungry. But sometimes you just want to eat lots to see if you can loose more ( people in my group say the more you eat the more you loose ! )

You are supposed to snack on super free as a first choice, then eat til you're satisfied. I think the novelty of having free foods does wear off after a while but you do have to use your common sense. If your losses are not as you hoped then consider the quantity of what you are eating.

I was going to ask the same question, sometimes I'll open the fridge, see my stash of Mullerlights and think 'Ooh! Free!' regardless of hunger. Its purely psychological and I need to STOP it!

I haven't been doing this very long, but I really try to stick to just meals (although my meals are fairly large). I feel, for me, the idea of foods being 'free' is just too tempting, and that I didn't get to this size by having much self control. I looked at my husband and mum who are slim but seem to eat quite a lot and realised that they don't eat between meals, so I thought i'd try to copy them.

I know this isn't for everyone, but if I gave myself free reign with the Muller lights, there's a possibility I wouldn't stop until they're all gone. I limit myself to one a day after my dinner, and look forward to it.

Thanks for all of your advice.

I definitely am eating just to eat sometimes & yup that's what got me to this size in the first place, so I have taken the advice on board & will really try to only eat until I'm full!

Oh & only 1 muller light per day too!

Thanks everyone xxx

also remember in group when There is a gain with no excuse to follow... a big question asked is... Have you eaten enough.....
followed by have your drank enough :D

I agree to better choices tho......as a green day girl, pasta and sauce is free.... doesn't mean i can have 10 :D hehe

Back